Chapter 2: First day of school

It's easy enough for Kim Rok Soo to find out that the semester has only just started. The student calendar on his desk is clean and unmarked, and the last memory he has from the original Cale Henituse was travelling to the academy. His textbooks are all brand new, and so are his notebooks.

Based on the timeframe, it's too early for Mary to appear as a transfer student, which means he's still safe from death for now. This is the best time to make a plan to survive. He has to figure out his (or Cale's) powers and abilities, gain information, lie low, and secure escape routes.

Writing everything he remembers in a blank notebook, Kim Rok Soo uses Korean in case someone enters his room and goes through his things.

First: Before he fell asleep, he had been playing an otome game on his mobile phone. It was so popular that it had over a million downloads. He had been close to finishing the route of the most popular male lead, Choi Han. However, Kim Rok Soo had seen multiple spoilers about the routes of other characters online and knew what to expect. If events unfold just like the novel, Cale will be able to avoid them and stay out of danger.

Second: Going into negative ratings with any of the characters can be dangerous and trigger bad ending routes. These bad endings affect the game world as a whole, so he should take note of Mary to make sure he doesn't die from her actions.

Third: Based on the new and spotty memories he's received, he's now Cale Henituse, the oldest son of the Henituse Estate. His new face is rather good looking, with a casual sort of charm in its smooth features. His body is pretty good too, slender but equipped with lean muscle. His reputation, however, is the complete opposite of his looks.

Trash.

Kim Rok Soo circles the word with an amused smile.

Fourth: His father, Count Deruth, had promised to take care of Cale Henituse's funds for life as long as Cale graduated from Roan Academy with at least the minimum requirements.

Now that he's calmed down and thought about it, the situation isn't as bad as he originally thought. In fact, it's a lot better than his life as Kim Rok Soo.

Kim Rok Soo, the man who became Cale. His life motto is pretty simple. Living long without pain. Enjoying the small joys of life. Living a peaceful life.

"As long as the story proceeds as normal while I take myself out of the equation, I'll be able to live a decent life as a good-for-nothing noble."

Right, he just has to avoid all of the main cast. Especially Mary. He should never, ever do anything which might seem like he's bullying her. He should never befriend the villain lineup. All he has to do is become something as insignificant as a rock lying on the side of the road. The sort of classmate in the game that's so minor, they don't even get to have a drawn face.

"It's worth trying."

In this world, Cale is a rich loner. He has his own dorm room in this world, as he always did (ever since middle school). Most students room in pairs or groups of four, but money and a terrible reputation have their perks. Even in middle school, the original Cale Henituse often played truant, drinking smuggled alcohol and sleeping through classes he did attend. His lack of close friends makes it easy for Cale to get through school without having to pretend to be someone else.

It's fantastic. He can continue to do as he pleases. Compared to getting the body of a model citizen and having to adopt a kind personality and facade, this is so much easier.

Cale glances at the clock. It's 7.30 a.m. He's not sure how early classes start in this world, but it should be about time to depart. Within minutes, he dons his uniform and tugs on his school bag, yawning as he drags his feet. There's no one in the hallways, and no one when he exits the dorm building either.