༉‧₊˚✧ DARLING ༉‧₊˚✧

Warning- this chapter contains vomiting just at the start. I'll put a ‧₊˚ when it finishes

"Ena, I'm breaking up with you."

A single shard of glass slid down Ena's throat, scouring a deep, bloody line that was invisible to everyone but her.

"I can't handle your endless drama anymore."

It felt like her pain was creasing across her skin in ruby-pink lacerations, lies burying themselves under her skin like worms. She was going to be sick. She wanted to- to get rid of this pain writhing in her stomach.

"It's just- always about you! Your dad, your art, your problems... I can't handle it."

She was lying. She had to convince herself. She knew that Naomi was lying- she was always lying. But deep in her stomach, she knew the truth- she was selfish.

"You think every else doesn't have problems, but they do."

4 months. It was only a four month relationship- and they'd never seen each other in person, it was only online. But the words, sent in an audio recording, stung Ena like nettles. She was going to be sick.

"Online relationships never work out, anyway."

She was-
Ena managed to reach the toilet in time, but only barely. She vomited into the toilet, 4 months of pain, lies she'd gorged on, hurtling to the surface.
I will never talk to Naomi again.

༉‧₊˚✧

Eventually, it was her laptop that dragged her out of the pitch-black pit she'd wedged herself into. The delicate tinkling of Nightcord's call ringtone guided her out of the bathroom, onto her seat before her laptop, like the spirit of someone deceased dragging themselves up from the grave. To be honest, being six feet under seemed like a preferable option to Ena.
"Hello everyone."
"Hello."
"Hey!"
Mizuki's clear voice rang out, and Ena smiled, despite the sticky tear tracks coursing down her face, despite the taste of vomit in her mouth, despite everything. As much as Mizuki annoyed her sometimes, she still loved Mizuki (as a friend of course).
"Hi, everyone." Ena muttered, going into her files and pulling out her completed artwork, and instantly recoiling at the memory of Naomi complimenting it in her delicate voice. Quickly, she changed tracks. "Haven't we almost finished this song?"
"Yes." Kanade replied quietly. "The MV just needs some final touches, and Mafuyu needs to write the description."
"Ok. I'll start right away." Mafuyu replied.
"Wait, guysss." Mizuki begged. "Can we just chat first? Pleaseee?"
"Do we have to..." Mafuyu muttered.
"Stop being so rude! God!" Ena snapped, feeling a flash of power as Mafuyu went silent, and Kanade murmured something about being mean. Who cares if she was mean to that loser? Everyone was mean to her. A few harsh words wouldn't make a difference.
"Enanananan, relax! Have you not had any sun today? You know, it's supposed to make you really grumpy." Mizuki replied, and guilt devoured Ena's stomach.
"Sorry, Yuki. Oh, and Amia, don't call me that!"
"Call you what?" They smirked.
"Ugh. Just get on with the mv." Ena sighed, trying to hide the smile from her voice.
But still, flowing through her veins, like a constant companion, there it was.
Naomi.
The girl she's never talk to again.
Right?

༉‧₊˚✧

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Ena snatched at her phone, lying beside her bed, her constant companion. She flicked to messages, expecting midnight spam from Mizuki or an accidental message from Shizuku. Instead, she stares at words she'd begged for, words that she couldn't quite comprehend.
Naomi🤍: I'm sorry, Ena. I overreacted. I love you.
I love you.
In films, animes, songs, those three words had been watered down to a thrown around phrase, a cheap climax to dramatic music, something to add to the end of wattpad oneshots to finish a chapter.
But in real life? It was a promise, as permanent as a tattoo. It was perfect.
Enanan: I love you Naomi. It's ok, I forgive you. I know I'm over dramatic, and selfish, but I'll change for you 💕
Ena replied, fingers rapid. She sent back the reply, beaming, sobbing, ears ringing with joy-
Naomi🤍: I- 💀
Naomi🤍: that was a joke
Naomi🤍: Honestly Ena just Kys at this point
Naomi🤍: I can't believe you didn't realise I was using you
Three words replaced with three letters

I/kill

Love/your

You/self

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T REALISE I WAS USING YOU FOR-

Ena woke up screaming.