༉‧₊˚✧ POKKAN KARA ༉‧₊˚✧

Autumn faded to winter. Winter bloomed into spring. Spring leapt into summer, and the seasons tumbled on.
Ena moved to a new city, and began a new life.
A new uniform, a new satchel, new drawing tablet- with absolutely no connection to the internet.
There was no trace of Mizuki, Mafuyu, Kanade, or any of Nightcord anywhere. Sometimes, late at night, Ena wondered if they'd ever existed at all. If she'd just made them all up to entertain her lovesick mind.
Airi visited occasionally. Shizuku, too. Ena even met Haruka and Minori, too.
That was it.
She drew. She didn't have a phone, so no tik tok, Instagram, Twitter, deviantart... nobody could see her art. She didn't have to draw for anyone anymore.
So she drew a lot.
Less fanart, more original work. Ocs- she'd never really cared for them before, but now they seemed to be teeming with endless possibility. She could create a little world, with just her table and a pen, a world where Mizuki was still here, clutching her hand and kissing her cheek.
Eventually, an idea began to bloom. Characters became comics. Comics flurried into chapters. Chapters became an entire comic book, wrapped up in her tablet.
It was called 'Our Perfect Autumn'. It really wasn't that complicated- just fluff, mainly, of a girl and her partner in a time loop of autumn, who eventually escape by returning to an abandoned school and convincing the witch that transformed them to free them from the loop. The witch, eventually reveals herself to be the girl- a lonely demon who just wanted someone to love her. And love was what brought around Winter- endless frost, warmed by the hearts of our protagonists, quoted one critic.
Because Ena ended up publishing it.
5 years after leaving her old life, at age 21, Ena became a manga author, and her world exploded in colour again.
Even if the manga was in endless tones of black and white, there was colour teeming beneath each page. Book-signings, meetings, conventions, interviews- Ena tumbled back into reality again, armed with only her tablet and a drawing pen, the past slinking back to hum just behind her eyes. Everyday was a blur of endless new colours and new possibilities and new flavours and new sights- she didn't know so many colours could possibly exist.
Except.
There was a few hues missing. Shades of pastel pink, cream, silvery blue, peach. There was always something missing from her paintings, despite Ena eventually forgetting Mizuki's name, face, voice. Even after 5 years, she couldn't replicate the rose of Mizuki's eyes, the blush of their cheeks, the cream of their skin in the fading autumn light. So their self-portraits remained half-finished- since she could never find the right colours.

༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧

"I've finished designing the cover for the 10th anniversary addition of 'Our Perfect Autumn'. I'll send it over in an E-mail, ok?" Ena ended the call with a sigh, a ripple of discomfort making its way down her spine and into her back. She stretched with a moan, clambering up from her desk and pulling on her coat.
Outside, the evening was a perfect crystal of a topaz autumn. Memories flickered past Ena's eyes- holding hands, skipping through leaves, kissing in what had to be a pure-white hospital room- which she brushed off as dust from a long ago time. She was 31 now, her teenage years in that other city long behind her. She didn't even talk to Airi anymore, or any of the nameless, faceless others...
A wave of melancholy washed over Ena as she strode outside. She reached for her headphones instinctively, ready to blast something mind-numbing... until she heard something, only a whisper, carried by the wind from the town centre. Entranced by the rhythmic pulse, she strode forwards, eyes clouded with confusion, mind whirring to locate the memory of the song. It was... nostalgic, in a melancholy way. Like seeing a childhood friend again, that ice chip lodging beneath your heart as you passed them in the bookstore.
Ena continued anxiously, emerging in the city centre, beside the looming concert hall, that was the root of the music.
The walls were papered with posters, varying shades of inky purple and icy blue, announcing a new performance for the next week. Ena squinted, struggling to read the words printed a few feet high.
"Nightcord... at 25?" Ena murmured. Memories stirred, swirling around her mind in a whirlpool. There were 3 people posing dramatically on the posters- a girl with cropped amethyst curls wearing a battered nurse costume and winter coat, another with flowing silver hair wearing a huge winter coat that rippled around her like angel's wings... and another person. Candyfloss curls, soft peach skin, delicate pink eyes ringed with lilac... hands outstretched, mouth wide with wanting, staring at a comatose Ena.
"Mi... Mizuki."
Ena wiped her eyes, starting when she realised they were dripping with tears. Like ice melting, her mind flooded with memories of her teenage years: Nightcord, Kanade, Mafuyu-
"Mizuki. Mizuki!"
She started sprinting. Sprinting, hair wild, coat flapping, reaching out to the figure, slipping, sliding, plummeting-
"Hey, are you Al..."
Warm arms encircled Ena's quivering body, leading her back to her feet. An Angel of the past was millimetres from her face, an o of surprise fading into a tearful grin.
"Ena? Is that you?" They whimpered.
"Yes. Mizuki, I thought-"
The two of them embraced on the street, sobbing in sync, frozen bodies melting in the hug that they'd been waiting for for 15 years.
"I didn't forget, you know." Mizuki whispered. "Our second date."
Ena leant her head against her shoulder, giggling softly.
"Ok. Well- where do you want to go?" Mizuki added.
"I don't mind." Ena smiled, lacing her fingers in Mizuki's soft, pink hair. "As long as I'm with you, I don't care where we go."

"I love you, Mizuki."

"I love you too."

The End

༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧₊˚✧ ༉‧

And it's done!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed the story and liked the ending.
What I'm writing next ->
•My first project is going to be a Project Sekai/vocaloid apply fic, so if you want to join make sure you follow me so you can find out when I publish applications
•I want to write a minoharu, Mizumafu/Mizukana, ruikasa or Mafuemu book in the future
•I also plan on writing a book on Iku Acme, my favourite UTAU.
Thank you!