Chapter eight. Pull A Gun. 08

-Amelia-

I stare at the iron ceiling as I hear the guys talk in hushed voices. I close my eyes tighter as I feel glens hands still on my waist. It's like their movement gets burned into my brain. 'Just be a little more gentle with her man, she's not like the girl that tried you.' Kenta's calm voice sounds quietly through the room.

'She's going to know about-' Matthew sounds nervous or angry. 'Let her. She'll find out eventually.' Kenta reasons.

An alarm starts to Blare.
Warning, missile incoming. Missile incoming.

I sit up. 'Why isn't the automatic sounding?' Glen asks. I get up, nervous. I get from behind the sheets the guys put up, watching them sit on two bunks. Matthew is the only one facing me. 'You okay?'

Missile incoming. Missile incoming.

'Why is there no response?' I fold my arms, the air cold. 'We don't know, it'll be fine.' Kenta says. I walk over to the door and open it to get greeted by even cooler air.

Warning. Missile incoming. Missile incoming.

'Ugh.' I flinch as the robotic voice sounds louder, and finally, the automatic defense system fires back. I step back, closing the door. 'It's late, why are you guys still up?' I turn to the men to see Kenta has his hair down, wearing a plain white shirt that complements his tan skin. Glen wears a comfy looking sweater and gray sweats. Matthew wears an old gray shirt that looks like it's about to fall off of his shoulders by how worn it is. When I look up his eyes burn into mine, making my face heat.

'We're giving a last look over the plan tomorrow.' I nod 'alright. Anything I can do.' Matthew gives a jerky nod and moves over to make space next to him on the bunk. 'We want to move out in two hours, we'll be at the village at dawn.' He tells me as I take a seat on the soft bed. 'Why so early?' Kenta shifts, it's the first time I look at him with his hair like this. His slik hair frames his face as it reaches till his eyes. He catches me, and I shy away from looking. 'No one will know we have left besides the guards. The chance of anyone leaking anything or following will be minimal.'

I nod, pulling my legs up to hug my knees to my chest. 'Alright, lets do that.'

-

I help putting the last bag in the humvee before climbing in. I'm in the seat next to Glen, but this time Matthew lets me. 'This goddamned tag.' Kenta grumbles as he reaches for his back, moving the collar of his jacket down. My eyes follow the curve of the muscle, and widen when they land of scar tissue. An ugly deep scar shows. It's not as bad as Glen's but it's not good. It must have hurt.

A gentle hand turns my face away, and Glen's sad eyes meet mine. He shakes his head. 'Okay.' I whisper to him as Matthew starts to drive. I watch out of the dirty and small window in the door, watching the star filled night sky. It's quiet besides the low humming of the engine. Matthew's right, this is better.

Once we arrive Matthew and Kenta get out, telling me to stay inside. Once they confirm it safe enough, Kenta opens my door for me. 'Grab the gear, lets head in.'

I grab two bags as Glen slings the last three over his shoulder. We head into the building we get invited into. The sky is turning pink with the sun raising. 'We'll tell everyone you're here, so they can get ready.' Matthew paces the room, looking out of the windows as Kenta gives green light on the idea. 'If one you could come with me.' The man says. He seems nervous. Maybe the guys are a bit too intimidating. Glen stands in the corner, lurking in the shadows as he watches both entrances from where he's standing. 'Kenta.' Matthew says. Kenta nods and check if he has his knife with him before heading out. We're in civilian clothes for the sake of blending in. We're not here to fight.