Chapter twelve. Together. 12

-Amelia-

I'm curled up in glens bed as Matthew and Kenta discuss what happened. Even though Kenta isn't pleased with Matthew, he stays calm, his voice soothing. A door opens behind me before the bed sinks in. 'You awake lass?' Glens voice is soft as the smell of food fills the room. My stomach instantly reacts, getting a chuckle from Glen. I roll over to face him. 'How are you feeling?' I give him a tired smile 'I'm okay.' He sets a closed off bowl on my lap together with a bottle of water. 'Please eat and drink something.' He looks worried when I meet his eyes.

My hand takes hold of his before he can pull back from holding on to the bowl. 'Thank you Glen.' His face flushes red and he gives me a nod before standing up. He plops the rest of the meals down on the table where Matthew and Kenta are talking before sitting down himself.

After what happened it probably means that I'll be stuck at base for the next few days. I open the bowl to find chicken and rice with some sort of sauce and carrots. I hum in approval, sliding back to sit against the wall. I eat the food and finish the bottle of water before laying back down, pulling the sheets into a bundle and holding it to my chest. I'm drained, the hushed voices of the guys like a lullaby.

Right when I'm about to drift off completely, a gentle hand brushes past my cheek. My heart skips a beat, my eyes opening to meet bright ones, the scar looking even worse in this lighting. 'I-' his cheeks turn pink. 'It's okay.' I mumble, leaning my head more into his touch before taking his hand and kissing the palm. 'Fuck.' The curse gets spoken softly as I watch his Adam's apple bob, his grumbly curse sending heat through my body. 'I wanted to go to sleep as well, lass. Want me to bring you back to your own bed?' I shake my head as I let him go.

I don't want to be left alone with my trauma and possible nightmares, repeating to watch the woman and other people die in front of me. 'Then what do you want me to do lass?' I pull the sheets back to make some room for him and his face reddens, making Kenta chuckle behind me. Glen slowly slips under the sheets, trying to leave some space between us. 'I'm scared of having nightmares.' I admit. Glen turns his head to look at me 'don't worry. I'm here if it happens.' I smile before closing my eyes. 'Thank you.'