Chapter fifteen. Shame. 15

-Amelia-

We enter the large farm house. It's dusty, and old but cozy as well. Yet my heart sinks non the less. I can't leave this country and go home until this is over. 'Two bedrooms upstairs, one downstairs. You pick first.' Kenta offers. My eyes fall on the open bedroom door downstairs 'besides the one downstairs.' Matthew warns. I give him a glare before heading up the creaky wooden stairs.

I slide into the first room and look around. stained curtains and a bed that looks like it's about to fall apart. Yet the room is spacious, and the view out of the window looks over a small garden and farm. I set my bag down, hearing another set of footsteps go up the stairs. I sit down on the bed with a sigh, pulling my legs up to my chest. Two weeks ago everything was normal. Now I have three bodyguards and am unable to set foot anywhere without The Black Hand following.

-

The first week in the dusty house passes, and the spacious building is starting to cramp down on me. The guys are too present and there's no place to escape from them. When I'm up in my room, their low voices rumble through the thin walls and wooden floor. When I'm in the garden, one of them is usually messing with the little plantation or the small creak of water. I can't grab food without one of them looking or making coffee. They seem to be everywhere. And not just that, but since we left they've been walking around in different clothes.

Off the last step and into the living room, Matt stands on a stool, reaching up to fix the light that broke yesterday. His gray shirt that clings poorly to his shoulders looking like it's about to fall off at any moment at how old it is. And when he reaches up again it raises to show the first row of abs and the top of his boxers. I grumble before heading out, face flushed, slamming the door behind me as I step into the tiny garden of desert flowers. It's Glen that's on his knees between the growing potatoes today, trying to rid the soil of any unwanted plants. Is covered in the soft orange glow while the sun sets, his big frame hunched between the little flowers and plant.

When I turn to head back inside I see that Kenta is installing a small camera next to the door. When he turns around shirtless a tattoo as big as his entire back shows on display. His skin shining with sweat as the black and red lines are a work of art, but the skin under the beautiful picture is uneven, it looks scarred.

Nowhere to go without them being around, so I head back upstairs. In my room I sit in the open window, looking out over the landscape as the sun sets. Matthews waist line comes to mind again and I have to shake the image away. There's a knock on the door 'is your light still working?' I open the door and glare at Matthew, his cold eyes snapping back at mine. 'You tested yesterday.' He looks up at the light on the landing. 'This one didn't, right?' I clench my jaw 'flick the switch moron.'

Heat pools inside my body, like it has been for the past few days. I sit down and press my legs together eyes moving to my bag. I did bring something to help me out with this. I kneel down and search for the small egg shaped toy. When I press the button it starts to buzz in my hand, gently vibrating as the sound stays minimal. Perfect. I didn't think I'd use this, but it comes in handy now.

I lower my hand down my skin, the toy sending vibrations down my chest, stomach and then down to my core. I bite my lip as the vibration to my sensitive spot heats my body instantly. My mind goes to Glens hands and the sweet words he mumbled to me. I have to focus not to let any noises out as the floor just outside my door creaks under matthews weight. His broad shoulders under the thin fabric of his old shirt and the waistband on his boxes that shower the v-line and veins make me press down the toy harder and turn it up. 'God....' I close my eyes tightly, bringing back Kentas tan tattooed back. How easy it would be for him to pick me up and-

The door slams open, making me jump and drop the toy. 'What the hell!' I snarl as I hide myself under the covers. Matthew's eyes follow the slick black toy as it buzzes on on the floor, rolling right out in the middle of the room. Matthew just stands and watches 'Get out!' I say as shame raises in my chest 'I heard you scream, I thought- sorry. I'm sorry.' He leaves the room, closing the door behind himself so I quickly get up and turn it off.

My face is burning with shame as I hear him head down the steps. God I want to curl up into a ball and hide for the rest of our stay here.

'Harris! Dinners done.'

My stomach drops, all apatite leaving me at Kenta's words. 'I'm not hungry!' My voice comes out uneven as i rub my forehead. 'At least come down and drink something.'

I drop my head against the door. I need to get out now and face it before it gets unbearable. I slowly make my way down the steps and watch as they stand around the kitchen table. Steam raises from the pan on the stove as they look over papers. Matthew's eyes meet mine before he turns away, making Kenta laugh a little 'what did you do to him, he's broken.'

I ignore him, trying to subdue the heat on my own face as I look past Kenta to the files on the table. Code Alpha reads on the most outstanding paper. 'What's that?' I point at the one before moving away to grab a cold bottle of water.

'They want you to head back.' Matthew says. 'Back where?' I come to a stop next to him and his arm tenses. 'Base. They want to send you home.' I look up at him, my body heating all over again as his frame looms over me, sweat making his hair stick to his forehead. I press the cold bottle to my neck and take a small step back 'it's safe?'