Chapter Thirteen

Emerson had found the Room of Requirements, though she didn't know that she did

Emerson had found the Room of Requirements, though she didn't know that she did. One moment she was strolling through the castle after dinner on a Friday evening, the next she was in a strange room that she didn't know existed. She had an idea in her mind, a way to relax from the agony of the first couple of weeks of school, but there really was no way for her to play it out.

That was until now.

In the room there was a television, similar to what Professor Burbage kept in her Muggle Studies classroom. Squishy chairs sat around it along with light fixtures that kept the room well lit, but still dim enough to watch the television. Emerson smiled as she walked in and looked around. The room was small, but at the same time big enough for what she wanted to do.

Emerson ran to Gryffindor Tower, eager to tell Fred and George about her plans. She knew that they would be just as excited as her, especially after they watched films last Christmas.

The first few weeks of term had proven to be difficult. Oliver had begun to train them harder than ever before. At first, Emerson had only been practicing as keeper but by the third week of practicing she had begun to play chaser as well. Fred and George were most exciting about the opportunity to teach her what they do during Quidditch.

Classes were also much harder as teachers began their attempts at preparing their students for their OWL year. Emerson liked to believe that she was a good student, so she wasn't too worried.

What Emerson was worried about, however, was Oliver. He had resumed his confusing behavior from the year prior, and Emerson did not like it one bit. She was trying to be as nice as possible, but his constant attempts at being around her were becoming quite frustrating.

When Emerson arrived at the common room, Emerson was happy to see Fred and George already there by the fireplace. And then she saw in horror that Fred was making Bandit levitate.

"Fred Weasley!" She yelled at him as she rushed forward and saved her cat from the air. "What in Merlin's name are you doing to my poor cat?"

Angelina began laughing. "She snuck into their room and got into Fred's snacks."

Emerson sat down and held Bandit tightly in her hands. "Well, you aren't invited to my party tonight then."

"What party?" Alicia asked.

Emerson smiled. "I found this room that has a television and chairs. I thought maybe we could have a relaxing evening and watch some films and eat snacks. I'm sure I can borrow something from Burbage."

Fred wailed. "I wanna go!"

"Then apologize."

"I'm sorry, Emery, please let me go watch a film with you!"

Emerson laughed, and then held Bandit out towards Fred. "Not to me, you didn't make me float ten feet in the air. Apologize to her."

The group watched, giggling as Fred took Bandit gently in his hands. He began petting her and whispering "I'm sorry." Bandit began to pur and snuggled against his chest.