Chapter Thirty-Two

The morning of September first Emerson woke up dreadfully early

The morning of September first Emerson woke up dreadfully early. On the other bed in the room, Ginny snored loudly and moved around restlessly, leaving no possibility to try and go back to sleep. After laying in bed for an endless amount of time, memorizing the patterns of Ginny's snores, Emerson finally rolled out of bed.

Emerson pulled on a pair of jeans and a gray jumper before tying her hair back and heading down to the restaurant portion of the Leaky Cauldron. Much to her surprise, George was already down there sipping a mug of tea.

"Good morning, George," she greeted him. He looked up at Emerson from the stool he was perched on and smiled.

"Good morning, Emery."

Emerson sat down next to him before reaching her arms high above her head to stretch. "Been up long?"

"No," George rubbed his eyes and looked down at her. "Fred snores loudly."

"Ginny does too," Emerson laughed. The bartender brought over a cup of tea for her but she pushed it away. She laid her head down on the counter top and sighed before looking up at George, who was brushing his hair out of his eyes.

During the night, Emerson finally realized what she would be getting into going back to school. Obviously she wanted to go, but there was still anxiety revolving around it. The chaos around Sirius Black's escape was only going to grow, which was evident by the signs Emerson saw posted all the way down Diagon Alley. Coralie continued to write to Emerson nearly every day from Italy, still incredibly concerned for her daughter's safety.

The other thing keeping Emerson awake was her thoughts about George. She wanted to tell him that she liked him. That she thought about what it would be like to kiss him and wrap her fingers through his growing hair. She wanted to know how it would feel for him to do the same.

George was so good to her. He made sure that she was okay and talked to her about more than just school and Quidditch like Oliver did. George was just so fucking perfect.

"Emery?"

The sound of George's voice pulled Emersons out of her thoughts. His eyebrows were tilted upwards and worry filled his eyes. "Are you alright?"

"Mhmm," Emery nodded and smiled. "Just a bit tired."

When everyone else was awake, Mr and Mrs Weasley were quick to shove breakfast down their throats and shuffle them outside where two Ministry cars sat waiting. Fred, George, Ginny, and Emerson were shoved into one car with Mrs Weasley while the rest were shoved into the other. The car drove faster than any other on the street, squeezing through tiny gaps and even under a large truck. It all caught Emerson off guard. She had ridden in Muggle cars before and even ones that could fly, but never ones like this.

Emerson lost her balance as she stepped out of the car at King's Cross, falling into George's arms as he caught her.

"Merlin's beard, Emery, are you alright?" He laughed as he gripped her arm to keep her steady, even after she began walking upright. Emerson liked it.