Chapter Forty-Seven

When George and Emerson arrived back to the castle after their two hour date, they were both slightly flustered

When George and Emerson arrived back to the castle after their two hour date, they were both slightly flustered. They spent along time kissing, much more than Emerson had expected. And now she was dealing with butterflies in her stomach, similar to how she felt when she felt before she started dating George.

As George and Emerson walked towards the stair case that headed towards Gryffindor tower, they nearly bumped into Fred and Lee.

"Oh there are the two love birds," Fred winked at them. "How was your date?"

"It was nice. How was yours?" Emerson gestured between him and Lee.

Lee quickly grabbed Fred's arm and pulled him close. "Incredible. Fred is such a gentleman, I usually don't kiss on the first date but I just couldn't help myself.

Emerson and George laughed but Fred didn't seem to find it as funny as he shoved Lee off of him.

"What are you two up to?" George asked.

"We're trying to find Mrs Norris," Fred said. "Emery's devil cat got into some of my trick candy and I thought maybe Mrs Norris would like some too. But I think Filch is hiding her somewhere."

"Bandit is not a devil cat, she's just a little mischievous," Emerson crossed her arms. "And she knows that you keep calling her names so she is trying to make your life miserable."

"Yeah, yeah," Fred rolled his eyes. "Also, Emery you didn't tell us your mum was going to be here."

Emerson frowned and glanced up at George. "I-I didn't know she was going to be here. George and I just saw her at the Three Broomstick's but I thought she was just there to see Lupin."

If Emerson was already annoyed by the fact that her mother was going to be nearby at Hogsmeade, she was furious now that she knew she was actually in Hogwarts.

Fred shook his head. "She was walking around with Dumbledore."

"She looked very professional," Lee added. "She was writing stuff as they walked around."

Emerson pressed her lips tightly together. Of course Coralie was on business. She turned to George. "Are you alright if I go find my mum?"

"Of course," George told her. "Here let me take your jacket back to the common room. If Alicia or Angie are in there I'll have them bring it upstairs."

Emerson leaned up on her toes and gave George a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thank you. I'll see you in a bit. Fred, do you know where they were heading to?"

"They seemed to be walking towards Dumbledore's office," he said.

With that, Emerson turned around and began quickly walking in the direction of Dumbledore's office.

Hurt was a better word to describe what Emerson was feeling, although it was hard for her to understand why she was feeling it in the first place. Of course, Coralie was welcome to travel as she pleased and if she needed to visit Hogwarts for work that was perfectly fine. But Emerson hadn't seen her mother in months. She didn't like the fact that the first person Coralie saw was Remus.