Chapter Thirty-Nine

The day of the first Hogsmeade trip, Emerson was beyond excited to go

The day of the first Hogsmeade trip, Emerson was beyond excited to go. She woke up early for a Saturday, around 9am, and then ate breakfast long before many of the students were up. The Great Hall was peaceful, as only a few teachers and students were wandering about.

It was also Halloween, evident by the pumpkins and vines that were being placed up by the staff. Emerson was curious as to what was going to happen tonight, as for the past two years some crazy event has wreaked havoc through the castle.

By the time Emerson returned back to the Gryffindor common room, the twins were finally awake, coming down the stairs in warm sweaters and excitement on their faces. When Emerson saw George she smiled brightly at him, and he returned an even brighter smile.

"Good morning, Emmekins!" Fred said cheerfully.

"Good morning, Fred," Emerson held out two muffins that she took from breakfast. "Good morning, George. Ready for Hogsmeade?"

"You bet we are!" George said excitedly. "Nothing sounds better than a warm butter beer and some snacks from Honey Dukes."

"Great, well let's get going then," the two boys followed Emerson through the portrait hole and down the halls and stairs towards the exit of the castle.

Emerson was happy to finally have an excuse to get out of the castle. With not going to Quidditch practice anymore, she frequently found herself bored and lonely. She wasn't on much talking terms with Angelina, and Alicia was always with Angelina or doing her prefect duties. So on the few times where Fred and George or Lee were unavailable, Emerson was all alone.

It was around eleven o'clock and the trail to Hogsmeade only had a few older students, all who wanted to make it to the village before the third years showed up.

Emerson regretted not dressing warmer. The end of October had brought a sudden trop in temperature, and she still had her jacket still stuffed away in her trunk. While her sweater was thick, it kept her nowhere near as Fred and George, who had their jackets and scarves over their jumpers.

George noticed that Emerson had began to shiver, so he stopped as they walk along the path. He shrugged off his jacket and his scarf, and grabbed Emerson's arm to keep her from walking farther.

"Here, Emmie, you look cold," George said as he wrapped his red and gold scarf around Emerson's neck and handed her the jacket. Emerson blushed furiously at this gesture and hoped that the redness of her cheeks would only be viewed as being cold.

From next to them, Fred gaped at his brother and Emerson. George's cheeks were turning a darker red as he watched Emerson put on his big jacket. It was so large in fact that it went right below her hips and the sleeves covered her fingers.

"You didn't have to do that," Emerson smiled shyly at George. "We're nearly to the Three Broomsticks, I would've warmed up soon."

George shook his head. "I don't want you catching a cold."