Chapter Ten

It was August thirty-first, the day Emerson reluctantly agreed to meet Oliver in Diagon Alley

It was August thirty-first, the day Emerson reluctantly agreed to meet Oliver in Diagon Alley. The only thing she needed to do was figure out how to get there and back. Tomorrow was the day they would leave for Hogwarts.

Oliver and Emerson had been writing back and forth, trying to find a place and time for them to meet. It was decided that they would go to Florean Fortesque's Ice Cream Parlour at noon that day. Ice cream was Emerson's favorite food and there was no way she was going to let that down.

It had only been a week since she had last been to Diagon Alley, and when she was there with the Weasley's they had a nasty run in with the Malfoy's.

Fred, George, and Emerson had just finished strolling through Diagon Alley, trying to find something to do. Mrs Weasley told them to meet her and the rest of the family at Flourish and Blott's at twelve o'clock and it was nearly quarter past. They ran down the street, almost running over some small children in the process, and made it to the bookstore in a matter of time.

Flourish and Blott's was packed to the brim with people, mostly witches. The twins and Emerson pushed through the sea of people to find the rest of the Wealsey family, Harry, and even the Granger family at the very front of the crowd. Mrs Wealsey, like most of the other people in the store, was ogling at a handsome wizard who was smiling for a picture. That person was definitely not Mr Weasley.

Gilderoy Lockhart, an author and probably one of the most handsome wizards in all of England, waved to everyone, adoration of all of the attention making him almost tear up. Emerson didn't really think so, his perfect face just emphasized the fact that he didn't have a personality.

Emerson turned to the twins and raised an eyebrow. "Can we just leave?"

Before they could answer, Emerson heard the deep voice ring through the store. "It can't be. Harry Potter."

Suddenly, everyone was looking in Harry's direction. Emerson felt incredibly sorry for him as Lockhart reached out and grabbed him harshly by the arm, pulling him forward to where he was standing. "Smile big, Harry," he said, flashing a horrendously white smile. "This one's for the Prophet."

Emerson scoffed and crossed her arms, before actually realizing what he had said. If they were taking pictures for the Prophet, it meant that Emerson's mother might be there. She looked around the crowded room before she finally found her. Coralie was talking with an older witch, looking very interested in their conversation.

"George, Fred," Emerson tugged on their shirts. They looked down, and Emerson pointed to Coralie. Hug smiles crossed their faces. They absolutely loved Ms Diors.

They walked up to her, and considering the fact that she was done speaking to the witch, they jumped in front of her view. "Well, fancy seeing you, Mum," Emerson grinned.

"Emery!" Coralie beamed and wrapped her in a hug. "Hello George, Fred."

"Hi, Ms Diors!" They grinned at her.