Prologue

"Mom, is Dad home from work yet?" I asked, going into the kitchen. It was about the time that he would get home.
"No." Mom said. She was sitting in the kitchen and reading the newspaper. "Why?"
"I was just wondering." I said.
Just then, there was a knock on the door.
"Will you get that Gordon?" Mom asked.
"Sure." I said, running over to the door. I opened it and saw Allie, my girlfriend.
"Hey." I said, smiling at her.
"Can I talk to you?" She asked. "Alone?"
"Sure." I said, stepping outside and closing the door behind me. "What's up?"
She put both of her hands on my shoulders. She sighed and said, "There's really no easy way to say this."
"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked, hoping that that wasn't the case.
"No." She said. I breathed a sigh of relief but she maintained a look of seriousness. "But I have news."
"What kind of news?" I asked.
"Bad news." She replied.
"Just say it." He said.
"Your dad..." She said. "H-he's not coming home from work."
"What?" I said. "Why?"
She looked away, avoiding my gaze.
"Allie!" I yelled. "Why isn't he coming back?"
"H-he got bitten." She said.
"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked. "What do you mean that he got bitten?"
"One of the animatronics bit him." She said. "It bit off his frontal lobe. He's dead Gordon."
"No." I said. "That's impossible."
Allie pulled me into a hug and said, "I'm sorry. Also, the place is closing down."
Allie's parents owned Fazbear Entertainment so this is why she knew about this. She knew everything that happened there before anyone else.
"And what about you?" I asked. "What's going to happen with your parents' jobs."
"Don't worry about me." She said. "I'll be fine."
I broke out of the hug and said, "I should probably go and tell my mom about Dad."
"I'll go with you." She said, grabbing ahold of my hand.
I sighed as I opened the door and stepped back in the house. Allie closed the door behind us.
"Mom." I said. "I've got news."
"What kind of news?" She asked, looking up from the newspaper.
I sat down with Allie on the couch and looked her dead in the eye.
"Dad's not coming home." I said.
"Why not?" She asked. "Is he working overtime or something?"
"No." I said. "He's never coming home."
"Why not?" Mom asked, concern in her voice. "Is he leaving to find a new life?"
"No." I said. I didn't know any better way to tell her so I just told her flat out and without bullshitting it, "One of the animatronics bit off his frontal lobe and he died."
"What?" Mom asked, her voice cracking. Tears were forming in her eyes. "How could this happen?"
"Mom, don't cry because you're gonna make me cry." I said, my voice cracking as well. Allie let go of my hand and pulled me into another hug.
"I don't care if you cry." She said. "Because I'm already crying."
"It'll be okay." Allie said. I couldn't tell if she was talking to me or my mom. Maybe she was talking to the both of us. "What would your dad say to you two being upset over his death?"
"He would want us to be happy no matter what." I said as she wiped away tears that fell from my eyes.
"Exactly." She said. "And I know you're upset right now and you're going to be upset for a while but you have to move on at some point. It's what your dad would have wanted."
"She has a point." Mom said. "We all have to accept death. Even though a part of me will still be sad because he's gone, I'll learn to accept he's gone."