Chapter Four

"You heard that too, right?" I asked Allie.
"If you mean something going in the vents, then yes I heard it." She said. "But we have a problem."
"Which is?" I asked.
"Only one mask." She said.
"Well, how about I go into the Parts and Services and grab another one?" I asked. "You can stay here."
"No." She said. "We have to stick together."
"I'll be quick." I said. "If I need you, I'll yell."
"Fine." She said. "You better come back in one piece though."
"I will." I promised. I exited the office, aware of my surroundings. I ran like hell to the Parts and Service room and grabbed a Freddy mask and ran like hell again. Once I reached the office, I jumped in there, landing underneath the desk.
"You scared the shit out of me." Allie said. "I thought that you were Withered Foxy."
"Well, I'm not." I said, standing up and placing the mask on the desk. "What happened while I was gone?"
"Toy Bonnie came in the room." Allie said. "Didn't recognize me because of the mask. Though I think that he would have been nice to me because all of the animatronics know me well."
"Well, we can't risk it." I said.
"You're right." She said. "Flash the light and see if Foxy is in the hall. And-oh shit!"
"What?" I said as I shined the light down the hallway. Nothing.
"The puppet!" She screamed. "Pull up the camera."
"There's a puppet?" I asked.
"Yeah." She said, pressing a button on the screen. "If you don't wind up his music box, he comes to the office and gets you."
"That's scary." I said. "Hey, what's this?" I picked up a tape that was laying on the desk.
Allie put the camera down and examined the tape and replied, "I don't know. Put it in and listen to it."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Why not?" She asked, shining the light down the hall and flashing the light because Withered Foxy was there.
"Okay." I said, putting the tape into the tape box. "It's probably just a training tape or something."
"Probably." Allie agreed, putting the flashlight back down on the desk and returning to the camera to wind up the music box.
I pressed the play button and listened to the recording.
"Um, I'm not sure if anyone is ever going to listen to this. But, if you're listening to this, then I'm in trouble. The animatronics are acting strange. Even stranger then usual. They're much more active then ever. It's like something happened and they're on high alert. It's my sixth night on the job and I'm afraid to go in tomorrow. Mangle's got her eye on me. I just....I can't let her on the ceiling. She'll get me."
"Dad?" I whispered, recognizing the voice in the recording. "Is that really you?"
"Anyway, if you're listening to this Gordon, Gordon's my son by the way, he's a good kid. Gordon, I love you. You're gonna make your mom proud one day. You've already made me proud. You're a strong, hard-working boy. I couldn't have asked for a better son."
I took of my glasses to quickly wipe away tears that had fallen. I put them back on and continued to listen.
"And if you're listening to this, Linda, I love you honey. Take good care of our son for me, will you? He's a good kid. I love them. Well, I have to go. And if you weren't either of the two mentioned, if you could pass this on to them, I would be forever grateful."
"I don't really know why I'm saying this, because I'll probably make it. But that's the biggest probably that I have ever said in my entire life. And the odds so far are stacked against me." He paused and I heard shuffling noises.
"Shit. She's here. She's come to get me!"
I almost yelled at Dad to get the hell out of there, but this was of the past. He was already dead.
"I love you son!"
That's when I heard him screaming as Mangle killed him.
And that was the end.
"Oh my God." I whispered, a smile forming on my face.
"Was that your dad?" Allie asked.
"Yeah." I said. "I may not know where his body is but I feel like that's all I needed. I can't wait to take it to Mom. She's going to love it."
"Well, we'll worry about that later." Allie said. "Right now, we have to focus on making it through tonight."
"Will they be active during the day?" I asked.
"Nope." She said. "They'll be active from twelve AM to six AM. Then, we're free to do whatever we want without having to worry about them."
"What time is it now?" I asked.
Allie looked at the desk clock and said, "Six AM." She put the camera down after saying that.
"Sweet." I said. "We can do whatever the hell we want!"
"Not really." She said. "We're stuck in a pizzeria for crying out loud."
"So?" I asked, leaving the office. She ran after me. "There's food."
"True." She said. "I do like pizza."
"See?" I said. "We'll be just fine."