Chapter One

A week has gone by. It's gotten a bit better. The first night that I found about Dad's death, I couldn't sleep because I kept having nightmares about an animatronic biting off my frontal lobe. The second night, I slept a bit better but I had the same nightmare. The third night I couldn't sleep at all because I could hear Mom screaming in her sleep. The fourth night, Mom told me that I screamed in my sleep and I dreamt about Dad surviving the bite. The fifth night, I don't even remember what happened. Probably screamed again. The sixth night I actually slept well and had good dreams. Tonight, well, I have no idea what to expect tonight.

I've been thinking about this idea for a while. My idea is to sneak into the pizzeria and find Dad. I know it sounds absolutely insane and that there probably isn't much of Dad left, but they haven't got his body out yet. They plan to tear the building down a week from now.

Mom was sleeping and therefore, I could sneak out of the house. The tough part was to not wake her up. She was a very light sleeper and the slightest of noise could wake her up. Opening my room door as gently as I could, I stepped out in the hallway as quietly as I could. I had to listen to my mom's snoring while I was tip-toeing through the hallway. I swear, she's lucky that I'm a heavy sleeper and her snoring doesn't wake me up at night.
"It used to wake Dad up." I thought. But I soon shook the thought out of my head. "No. Don't think about Dad. Don't make yourself upset."

Once I was at the front door, I gently turned the lock and slowly turned the knob, the door making a sort of loud clicking noise once I turned the knob.
"Shush!" I thought as soon as I heard the noise. "The last thing I need right now is telling Mom where I'm going."

After swinging the door open, I stepped out into the night and slowly closed the door behind me.
"Now to not get caught." I said. The bad part about this was that I was sixteen, so curfew applied to me because I wasn't eighteen. I had to be careful to not get caught.
Just then, I saw someone walking on the street. I hid under the porch chairs quickly, scraping my knee.
"Please tell me that they didn't see me." I prayed.
"Gordon."
I jumped up upon hearing my name, bumping my head on the bottom of the chair.
"Ow! Fuck." I muttered, putting a hand over my head.
A giggle soon followed.
"Allie?" I asked in surprise. "What the hell are you doing out?"
"I could ask you the same thing." She said.
"I asked you first." I said.
"Fair point." She said. "I'm out and about. What the hell does it look like?"
"A little before curfew?" I asked.
"Hey, you're out too." She said. "Besides, I was just heading home. That's when I saw you and decided to pay you a visit."
"Well, you scared the living shit out of me." I said.
"I can see." She said. "So, I've answered as to why I'm out. So, why are you out?"
"I'm visiting a friend's." I lied.
She gave me a look that said that she knew that was lying.
"That's bullshit." She said. "You're not going to a friend's. Where the hell are you going?"
I sighed, knowing that I was going to have to tell her at some point.
"Fine." I said. "I'm going to the pizzeria."
"Why the hell are you going there?" She asked.
"I want find Dad's body." I said. "I don't like the thought that they're going to tear the place down without putting him to rest."
"Think I can come with you?" She asked.
"No way." I said. "I can go alone. Besides, your parents would kill you if you stayed out after curfew."
"Oh well." She said. "I want to go with you."
"Fine." I said. "Let's go."