Chapter Nine

I was convinced that Allie was out of her mind.
She was talking to dead people, at least she claimed to be.

I had no idea where she disappeared off to. I didn't follow her, because I didn't really want to get involved in whatever the hell it was that she was doing.
I looked over at the yellow suit. I swore that I saw it twitch.
"No." I muttered to myself. "You didn't see anything. You're going crazy if you think that that thing just moved. Because it didn't."
But what if I was going crazy like Allie was? She's been surrounded by this place her whole life so I can't imagine how far she's fallen into the crazy pit."

I eventually got bored of sitting in the safe room so I made my way out into the first party room. I was hungry so I went into the kitchen and made myself some pizza. Once it was done, I took it out and started eating it.
I just wanna get out of here. I thought to myself while I was eating. Allie's already insane and I really don't want to know what's going to happen to me if we stay here any longer.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone, or maybe it was something, coming towards me. My heart leapt into my throat before I realized that it was just Allie.
"Hi." I said as she sat down next to me. She honestly looked terrible. She looked like she hadn't slept for days and her hair was all over the place.
"Hey." She said as she began eating my pizza.
"Hey." I said awkwardly. "How do I put this? You look awful."
"Thanks." She said. "I know I do."
"You know, you were acting really weird this morning. You said that you had to set some spirits free."
"That's because I did." She said. "And I did set them free. Now I can finally sleep."
"You're meaning to tell me that you haven't slept this whole time?" I asked.
"No." She admitted. "They kept talking to me. Today was the final straw. But maybe I was hearing voices because I haven't slept right in a long time."
"Why didn't you ever tell me this?" I asked her as I went over to the side that she was on. I grabbed her hand once I sat down next to her.
"Because I didn't want you to worry about me." She said. "You had your own things to worry about."
"Like what?" I asked.
"Well, when I first started having the problem, you had to worry about money. You didn't really seem to notice, but I've sorta been slowly distancing myself from you."
"Why have you been doing that?" I asked.
"Because you have your own things to worry about." She said. "Your crazy ass girlfriend shouldn't be one of them."
That's when I pulled her into a hug.
"I'm sorry for calling you crazy." I said. "I didn't know what was going on. If I knew, I wouldn't have said the things that I said to you."
"It's okay." She said, hugging me back. "You didn't know. There's no way that you could have known. I'm sorry for not telling you."
"We should really start talking to each other about our problems more." I said. "I've screwed up so many relationships because I'm not good at communication and I don't want to screw up our relationship. I've never loved someone the way I love you Allie."
She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back because she was just so beautiful. The next thing I knew, we were kissing. It was probably the most passionate kiss that we've ever shared in our relationship. I literally had to stop because I just couldn't help but smile.
"I'm going to sleep now." She said, laying down on the bench.
"Okay." I said, running my fingers through her hair. I started to get up but she grabbed my arm.
"Stay with me." She begged.
"Fine." I said, sitting back down. "I'll stay."

Once I knew that Allie was fully asleep, I snuck away and went into the safe room so that I could say a few things to Dad alone.
I closed the door behind me and stood against it. I took a deep breath before speaking.
"Dad, if one of us only makes it out of here, please let that be Allie. She has a long life ahead of her and a lot to look forward to. She's wonderful and don't let her die. Take me instead."
I paused to stop myself from crying.
"I love you Dad. You were really great and I wish that you were still here. Mom misses you a lot and I do too."
Suddenly, I saw the yellow suit stand up. Then, I heard the door click. I tried to open it but someone had locked it.
"Why are there locks in the first place?" I asked as I tried to open it. "Who puts a lock on here."
The thing was getting closer to me so I resorted to just banging on the door.
"Allie!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Get me out of here!"
Just then, the thing grabbed my throat and began choking me. I tried to get me to stop but everything eventually went black.