Chapter 7

I feel the color drain from my face. She's looking for me and Nico, two of the most powerful demigods in the world. This can't be good at all.

"I- I'll be back in a minute," I stammer with wide eyes. Valca had turned back to the window and I stumble out the door.

I lean over the porch rail, feeling like I might throw up. I've got to tell Nico and I've got to train. Whatever happens I need to be ready, especially physically.

Nico will probably be in his cabin, so I sprint that direction. "Nico!" I yell, bursting through the door. He abruptly stands when I enter, setting something on the bed behind him. "What?" He asks.

We've only known each other for a couple of days, but we feel like old friends, having talked about so much and having tons of common interests, aside from swimming. "What's wrong?" He asks more urgently after seeing my troubled expression.

"Valca, the girl on half- blood hill, said she was looking for a daughter of Poseidon and a son of Hades. She just puts me on edge. I'm afraid something really bad is going to happen." I finally finish, out of breath.

"Uh. Crap." He pauses, examining my face, "You need to train."

I sigh. "Yeah. I guess I should start with sword fighting. Can you teach me?"

He hesitates, "Well, Percy would be a better teacher. I'm-"

I cut him off with a laugh, "Come on, Death Breath. Teach me how to wield a sword." I grab his arm and pull him toward the arena.

-------------------------

By the end of my first practice I'm coated in sweat and my arms are more sore than after my worst swim practice. However, I learned tons.

"One more round?" I ask Nico. He had taken off his black jacket, so he's just in a gray t- shirt. We're both breathing hard.

"Think you can beat me?" He asks with a smirk.

"It's on," I reply, matching his look.

Within seconds black iron is on gleaming bronze and a new sheen of sweat covers my body. Nico nicks my arm, producing blood, but all that does is give me more determination to win. I push back with more fore than before.

Finally, Nico is on the ground, my sword at his neck. I laugh and help him up. "You learned more on your first day than I did in a week. You're a natural."

I grin, taking a bow, "Thanks."

"Race ya to the lake," I say and take off.

As usual I have a swim suit on underneath my clothes, so by the time Nico makes it to the sand, I'm standing knee deep, in my suit, ready to strike.

Nico realizes what's happening feet from the water. "Don't you-" I cut him off with a blast of water, drenching him in seconds. I laugh and dive into the water before he tries to kill me.

I swim over to the dock where Piper and Jason are sitting. I surface near them, scaring Piper. I push up onto the dock next to her.

"Don't do that!" She says. I just laugh and turn around to see Nico still standing on the shore, trying to figure out what to do to me.

"I bet my mom has plans for you two." Piper informs me.

I whip back around, "What!?"

She just grins and pushes me back into the water. I allow myself to get wet, but am glad I can still breath. I sit on the bottom to think.

She said her mom has plans for Nico and I. Aphrodite is the goddess of love, so she's implying that Nico and I will end up together? I've never thought of him that way. His dark hair and eyes- Ames! Don't think like that! I'll just let it happen however Aphrodite has planned it. I mean, she's been putting people in relationships for millennia, so how bad could it really be?