Chapter 25

A breath flutters across my neck. My senses sharpen as I wake up. The pain in my head pulses with my heartbeat. I can feel Nico behind me, one of his arms under my head and the other on my waist. I feel his soft breathing on my neck and remember the feeling of his lips there the night before.

The pain pounds in my cheek, spreading through my head and making me dizzy. I bring my finger up to touch the stiches and wince when they make contact. I need water. I prepare myself to stand up, but Nico's breathing on my neck changes.

I relax and close my eyes. His lips brush my neck and I sigh. "Morning, Ames," he whispers.

"Morning-" but I can't finish because I gasp in pain. Forming the word hurt my face.

"What's wrong?" Nico asks.

"My- My cheek hurts so bad," I groan.

He brushes his fingers over my cheek and it goes numb. I sigh in relief. I slide out of the bed and pause, holding the side for stability. I take a deep breath and straighten myself. "I'm going down to the beach," I tell Nico.

"Ok, you should probably see Will too," Nico replies.

I go to my cabin to put on a swim suit, then head to the water. I walk into the waves and smile as I walk deeper. I rest on the bottom for a while.

The water usually heals me, but nothing changes on my injury. The stiches are in place, but the sensative, soft skin is not closing.

I finally get myself out of the water, pulling my clothes on and heading to the big house. Checking my watch, I see that it's around 7:15.

There is almost always an Apollo camper at the big house taking care of people. I walk in and almost run into a girl in the hallway. "Is Will here?" I ask.

"No," she answers, her tone strange.

"When can I see him?" I ask.

"I don't know. He's probably still asleep," she answers shortly. Why is she being so rude? Ah, jelosy.  Should have known, but, seriously, I have a gash in my face, don't you think I'm here for medical reasons?

"Maybe you can help me," I state hopefully. Realization lights in her eyes.

"Of course. Let me just check on one patient," she replies.

I lean against the wall and wait for her. Nico said to see Will, and he dose know more about the situation,  but maybe this girl can help until I can see Will.

"Ok, follow me," we walk down the hall into an empty room. I sit down on the bed and turn my cheek to her.

"What happened? They even resorted to stiches."

"The spike that did it had poison on it that prevented the gash from being healed with magic. We thought the stiches would help and it would heal itself,  but the pain won't go away and the wound is just a fresh as when we started," I explain.

I wince when she touches it and take a deep breath. Nico's numbing it is wearing off and it stings from talking that much.

"I'm sorry, I have no idea what to do. If nothing Will did could heal it, then I definetly can't. You will have to wait for him," she apologies.

"It's fine. Got any pain killers?" I ask.

She nods and leaves the room for a moment before coming back with a bottle of pills. I pull some water out of the air and swallow two.

"You're Ames, right?"she asks, sitting down beside me.

"Yep," I answer simply.

"Aren't you dating Nico di Angelo?" She asks again.

"Yes," I answer with a slight smile. She looks away in thought.

"You got a boyfriend really quickly after getting to camp," she notes.

"We kinda just clicked. He and Percy came to get me, and he was the first dimigod I'd ever knowingly met," I reply.

She sighs, "I wish I was as beautiful as you. Tons of girls here envy your looks. You don't even have to try to look pretty, and you're tough too."

I laugh, "You're right, I don't try to be pretty, but there isn't an ugly girl in this camp. Everyone is beautiful. Let me tell you, when you find a guy that will tell you that he loves you and that you're beautiful no matter what or can't find a flaw in you, that is the guy you want to marry."

"Does Nico make you feel that way? He never points out any flaws?" She asks innocently.

It takes me a while to answer, "Yes. Nico makes me feel that way and much, much more."