Chapter 9

"Ames, I hear the harpies." Nico says, waking me up from my position beside him, but not toughing. We were laying on the beach. "Ugh. Stupid harpies." I mumble, standing up.

Nico wraps his arm around my waist, surprising me, but it's just so we can shadow travel. Suddenly, we're outside the Poseidon cabin, instead of on the beach.

"Night, Nico." I say and he disappears, without me this time.

I turn the knob and enter my cabin. The seven, Rachael, and Calypso are there, and the second I enter, they tackle me with questions.

"Where's Nico?"
"Did he ask you out?"
"Did you kiss?"
"Did you slap him again?"

I chuckle. "I didn't slap him again, beyond that I'm not answering questions." There's a collective groan, knowing they won't get me to budge.

---------

Later, after everyone leaves, Percy sits down next to me on my bed to have what looks like a 'serious talk.'

"Did you guys actually kiss? Because Annabeth and my first kiss was underwater."

I laugh a little. "No. We just admitted that we like each other. He didn't really even ask me out." I explain.

He glares at the floor, "If he ever hurts you, just tell me and I will personally kill him."

This causes me to laugh again. "Ok, but I don't think that will have  to happen."

I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

----------------------------

The next day, we have to sit at our assigned tables, so I sit with Percy. We both get plate full's of blue food.

I need to get my mind off everything, so naturally, I want to swim. Not like being in the water, like swimming laps. So, that's what I do.

I strip down to my suit and dive into the water. I swim lap upon lap, but once I get into a rhythm, my mind starts to wander.

I pause at the dock and decide on a 300 IM. I promise myself that I'll stop after this, so I'll sprint this 300. I take off.

I push up onto the dock, arms shaking and breathing hard.

"Wow, just... wow."

"You are amazing."

Two different voices tell me. I look up to find that Nico and Percy were watching me.

I grin, "Thanks, guys." I dry off and pull my clothes back on.

"Think you could do that, Seaweed Brain?" I ask with another grin.

"Hey! Only Annabeth calls me that!" He yells.

"Aw, shut up." I shove him into the lake, causing Nico and I to crack up.

I see Percy reach up to grab Nico, but I am laughing to hard to warn him.

"AHHH!" Nico yells, being pulled into the water. "CHILDREN OF POSEIDON!"

Now I'm practically rolling on the deck in laughter. I finally get it under control and turn to understand the situation.

Percy is about 7 yards away from the dock holding Nico 'hostage.' Percy is grinning and Nico is giving the death glare.

"Meet my demands and I will let him go!" Percy yells in a mock dictator- like voice.

"AMES, GET ME OUT OF HERE!" Yells Nico.

I just sit on the edge of the dock and play in the water with my feet, small smile on my face.

"What are your demands, oh great Percy?" I ask sarcastically. As I thought, Percy has to think for a minute to come up with something.

He thinks I'm the one in trouble from the look on his face, but Percy's never had a sister. He doesn't know how quickly situations can change.

Percy holds Nico with the water and sprints toward me. He pushes up out of the water and whispers in my ear, "I'll let him go if you kiss him." Percy then sprints back to Nico.

I sit and let a plan form in my mind, and slowly a smirk creeps onto my face.

I stand up on the dock and slowly walk on the water toward the two boys.

"Percy, Percy, Percy. The odds are not in your favor today." I say, quoting one of my favorite books. This time, I feel like the villain.

I pull my goggles off and transform them into a sword, pointing it at Percy. He just seems too stunned to move.

I make a gesture with my fist that yanks Nico up out of the water in a giant water hand. Percy had lost hus focus on holding him. I carefully set him on the dock before turning back to Percy. I use the water to put him on his feet at my level.

"Care to duel, brother?"

He pulls out Riptide and let me just say, it was going down in a fight on that lake.