4

At that moment Souya swore that his face must have said that he had seen a ghost: how had he found it if Roppongi was far from the place? He cursed at the time that he had helped Rindo, not even a week was enough to keep him away from him. He let out a sigh, turning to the clerk who had tipped him off.

─ Go tell him it's not a good place or time, and if it's for the above and he wants to say thank you then he should thank me by not coming back here. ─

The boy nodded and headed back towards the Haitani's table. By now Souya was praying to the nearest deity that Nahoya had not seen them, for knowing him he would not have hesitated to run them off without the slightest of care.

Souya peeked around the table in hiding. Rindo's face looked somewhere between frustrated and angry, but he finally rose from his seat along with his older brother and left the place.

Relief was what little he felt as soon as that scene was in front of his eyes, turning his full concentration back to work at that moment. After a few hours of serving diners, taking orders and delivering drinks, the day's work flew by at midnight. Nahoya and Souya looked totally exhausted, but they finished setting up and cleaning the place along with their other two workers.

Once that was done, they closed everything up and headed back to their flat in complete calm, taking with them a bowl of the little ramen that had been left over that day. Arriving at the flat they did nothing more than take a shower and finally go to sleep in their respective rooms. Souya lay down between the sheets, placing both arms under his head as he stared at the ceiling.

He was beginning to fall prey to the sleep he felt, feeling his eyelids grow heavier and heavier until he could no longer stand it and gave in to the exhaustion of the day. No sooner had he felt as if he had blinked than a knock on his window woke him. Dazed, he sat up in his bed, whittling his eyes and looking around him to get up from the spot.

He looked out the window and there, in disbelief, standing just below his window was the younger Haitani. He was alone and as he looked up at the blue-haired man he raised his hand in greeting. He frowned; he thought he had gotten rid of him, but he certainly seemed to be extremely insistent and it was causing him enormous frustration.

Trusting Nahoya to be sound asleep by now, she opened the door to her room, stepping out slowly and quietly. She slipped on the shoes she had left at the doorway and, almost like a ghost, exited the room. He made his way down the stairs and out of the small three-storey building.

─ Hey. ─ That's what the Haitani said to him. He could see on his person that it was as if nothing had happened; perhaps the bandages were well hidden under those clothes.

─ How the hell did you find me? ─ Souya asked with a face that really looked like his patience was wearing thin.

─ No one should just walk away leaving an injured person in the hospital. By the way, I always thought you'd be the type to sleep naked. ─ Rindo exclaimed, as a laugh escaped his lips.

─ That's not the point! If I left there, it's because I didn't want to see your ugly face anymore! ─ Souya exclaimed, moderating the tone of his voice, but implying that he was undoubtedly very upset.

Rindo rolled his eyes, as he gave a small bow to the blue-haired man. The latter was taken aback. One of the Haitani bowing to someone? It was certainly a rather mysterious occurrence, but he would let him speak.

─ Thank you for helping me, I didn't think a former rival would come to my aid. ─ Those were the words that came from the youngest Haitani. Souya swallowed dryly, as he placed his hand on the back of his own neck. ─ But ─ Rindo added, sitting back up to his position from before. ─ I won't leave you alone. ─

"Just what I was missing."  Souya thought, being so hand ran over his face in frustration; now more than ever he regretted the decision he made at the time. ─ No, nothing like that, I want you to leave me alone. ─

An amused smile was the one that showed over the lips of the violet-haired one. A car pulled up right in front of the apartment complex, the door opened and inside there he was: Ran Haitani.

─ Hey RinRin, we should go now. ─ Was the argument he said while lazy eyes rested on the Kawata twin.

─ I'll come for you, every Saturday, at this time. I'm not asking you. ─ A wink threw Rindo, before boarding the car next to his brother. He closed the car door and left the place, leaving Kawata alone on the street with a sea of questions in his head; whether he wanted to or not, he had already gotten involved in exactly what he didn't want to.