23

Nahoya kept the gun pointed at Koko at all times, any kind of movement he tried to make and she would just shoot him. Koko was holding her shoulder, trying to stop the bleeding from the embedded bullet.

─ I should have known the two-for-one combo was coming. ─ Koko exclaimed in annoyance

Koko, as she rolled her eyes to accompany such words. Souya was relieved but the feeling was short-lived: behind them several more men were aiming for the heads of Sanzu's team as well as Mitsuya, Hakkai and Nahoya.

A chuckle came from Koko, who was calmly getting up to retrieve the weapon that had fallen to the ground moments before. She approached the Haitani and Souya, placing her free hand on Rindō's shoulder.

─ My new boss told me he had some unfinished business with you, and you've been slow to respond to it. ─ The white-haired man mentioned, as a chuckle escaped him. He took a few steps away, glaring at the pair in front of him.

─ I'd already told your boss I'd have it in a couple of days, no doubt they're like a pen of desperate insects. ─ At Rindō's words Koko didn't wait long, taking a flying punch to the latter's face. However, Souya placed the palm of his hand to receive the same, while scowling along with his usual furious look. ─ You forget about me, you bastard. ─

Fist pulled away from his palm, eyebrows raised in intrigue at having the Kawata next to his old rival who was the Haitani. What was going on between the two of them that they had ended up so close? He didn't have time to think about it, gun pointed at the Haitani's head, index finger stroking the trigger ready to fire.

─ He would have wanted to end these things in the best way Rindō, but it wasn't to be. ─ He was about to pull the trigger when in no time at all the bullet hit the boy's uninjured shoulder from behind. Thanks to the shock of the moment it gave Nahoya, Hakkai and Mitsuya a chance to hit their targets, knock them out and get out of harm's way. Multiple bullets rang out from behind them, being aimed at the enemy side, taking out several in an instant.

─ Enough with the lectures Koko, as soon as the boss finds out what you've done you'll end up dead so we might as well finish it now. ─ Ran shouted from behind, gun in hand responsible for shooting the white-haired man.

With that, Souya took over pulling Rindō with him to run away. ─ Get Rindō out of here Souya, we'll finish this! ─ Sanzu shouted, as a fresh hail of bullets rained down on the place. From outside the level, Inui and Draken could be seen waiting for them, and Inui's face showed great disappointment at seeing his former partner in such a manner.

─ Focus on this Inui, Koko can't go back. ─ Draken mentioned to his partner, who looked down sadly.

Soon there were also Nahoya, Hakkai and Mitsuya who ran to the entrance without looking back, however, Hakkai turned aside to help Souya with Rindō. Still with her remaining strength Koko approached the weapon, quickly aiming it at Souya's back. Draken watching from behind warned with a shout.

─ ANGRY, GET OUT OF THE WAY! ─ However, he couldn't react in the moment. Koko fired the gun and in those moments Rindō let go of Souya's grip and quickly covered Souya and it was he who took the bullet for the blue-haired man.