11

That could well be a possibility, and now Inui was also really worried about the younger Kawata's safety. What are you going to do then, Angry? ─ Was the question the blond asked, while Souya was deep in thought.

─ I won't do anything for now, but.... ─ He bit his lower lip softly in frustration, immediately shaking his head several times to get out of the sort of trance he was feeling.

─ Thank you Inui. If anything else happens I'll let you know. ─ With that, he left the place. Inui nodded without further ado, however that feeling of having the responsibility to help the Kawata was very great to him, but he had no answer as to how he could be of any help either.

Souya got back on his motorbike on his way back, but he wouldn't make it home, he'd better go to the restaurant-bar to start getting everything settled and not have to rush; besides he needed some time alone to process what Inui had said. Motorbike parked at the back of the restaurant, as well as mobile phone he took out of his jacket looking for his brother's contact number. He pressed this to open the chat and began to compose:

👤NAHOYA

💬 Hey Smiley, I'll be at the
restaurant setting up
things to open.
💬 So don't you worry
if I don't make it home.
I'll see you later.

With that already written, he sent the message without further, putting his mobile phone away again and instead of holding it in his hands, he grabbed the keys to the place. He opened it and went into the place, dedicating himself to start preparing everything so that the service that afternoon would be more efficient than on other days.

The time passed quickly, but at least he had some ingredients ready and the interior of the restaurant set up. The door behind the restaurant opened, giving way to the melon-haired boy, highlighting his characteristic smile.

─ Oh Angry, you've certainly set everything up beautifully! ─ he exclaimed, as Souya nodded and with some happiness at being recognised by the older man. They both put on the black apron as well as the hair bands. Later their other two workers arrived and opened the doors of the restaurant.

The diners began to arrive slowly, so everyone gradually began to get busy between orders and drinks. Souya was already calmer than he had been in the afternoon, although that calmness was also taking its toll on the few hours of sleep he had had and it showed in the little details he sometimes let slip, such as getting the wrong order number or the wrong number of drinks. He had to take some time to go and wet his face so that he could wake up at least a little.

Returning, he was tasked with delivering an order to one of the tables in the place, so he took a tray and went there, placing the plate carefully in front of the diner. ─ Here is your order, if you require anything else you can raise your hand. ─ He exclaimed.

─ Fufu~ how envious RinRin will be to know how good you look serving personally. ─ He walked out of the diner.

Souya recognized the voice right away so he stopped and stared at this one: it was Ran, who was wearing casual clothes compared to other times and what a smirk was on his face. He was thankful that the plate had already been placed in a fixed place or he would swear it would fall out of his hands at that moment.

What are you doing here? I thought you said you didn't want to see them in this place. ─ He exclaimed quietly, keeping the conversation between the two of them. Ran shook his head, while holding chopsticks and tangling a quantity of noodles between them.

─ You said that to my brother, not me. ─ With that, he took the food into his mouth, chewing it in a relaxed manner. Seconds later he swallowed, turning his gaze back to the blue-haired man.

─ People weren't kidding when they said it was the best ramen restaurant in Shibuya. ─ He added as he finished.

Souya didn't know what to do, he had no choice but to serve the eldest Haitani. ─ Then why did you come here? ─ the Kawata asked, immediately after Ran held out a small folded piece of paper.

Souya held it up and unfolded it to see the contents; there was a number written on it. ─ It's Rindō's number, he told me to give it to you and ask for yours. ─ The Haitani spoke again ─ Now he would have to put up with it by text message? What a curse he was carrying but there was only so much he could do.

From the apron Souya pulled out a small notebook where he wrote down the orders and the pen he used, starting to write on it his number to finally extend the folded paper to the stranger. ─ There it is. ─ He said listlessly.

Ran nodded, tucking it into the pocket in his suit jacket. ─ He eagerly awaited his call or message, he said he would contact you as soon as he got his hands on it. ─ That was all he said, finishing the rest of the ramen left in the bowl.

He wiped the corners of his lips and got up from his seat. He left the amount of the cost of the meal and quite a bit more as a tip. ─ So I'll see you later, Ka-wa-ta. ─ That was the last thing he exclaimed before leaving the place without another word.

Souya didn't make any more fuss; him leaving without doing anything strange was already a relief. He picked up the plate as well as the money and headed to the kitchen counter to leave the money there, going to wash the dirty plate as well. He had a lot to think about; he thought that Rindō only wanted to see him in person every Saturday, not that he even went to talk to him during the week.

Now he had a new fear and that fear was the amount of messages or calls he would have to take on those days that would be for the Haitani; for he certainly wouldn't be the one to initiate them, at least not willingly. He let out a long sigh but still turned all or most of his attention to the work at hand.

The rest of the night he attended to the place in a quiet manner until he was able to finish everything. As it was already a habit he went home with his brother and once he was there he went to his room, plopping down on his bed without saying a word. He took out his phone and the paper Ran had given him, looked at the numbers written on it and reluctantly wrote down Rindō's number in the contact book, putting him in the register as "Haitani Annoying" as soon as he put his mobile phone aside.

He closed his eyes for a moment from the tiredness he was beginning to feel, until the vibration of the phone made him open his eyes again. He reached for the device with one of his hands, looking at what it was. There it was: the message from Rindō had finally arrived, and the contents of the message were totally intriguing to Kawata, so he opened it without hesitation.

👤 HAITANI ANNOYED.

💬 I was told that you looked
better at waiting tables
than trying to be bad.
💬 Did you miss me?

He certainly didn't find that even slightly amusing. A little twitch in his eye was present as he started typing to reply.

👤 HAITANI ANNOYED

💬 What a joker you are.
💬 Why did you want my
mobile phone number? I thought
it would only be enough to see you
on Saturdays.

Having sent the message, he immediately blocked the screen. With that angry expression he stared at the ceiling of the room waiting for an answer. The vibration of the phone was present, so he picked it up again to find out the Haitani's answer.

👤 HAITANI ANNOYED.

💬 You're so humourless
you always bring Souya.
💬 I just wanted to have it
so get used
to the idea of reading me often.
💬 Good night. 😘

The answer he gave her made her clench her fist, she wasn't going to answer him, she didn't feel like putting up with those strange attitudes from the Roppongi guy. With nothing else to do, he put on his pyjamas and went to sleep; he hadn't slept properly after all.