22

Souya ran towards the Haitani and was followed by Hakkai who, though Souya was being reckless in his actions, was keeping an eye on his surroundings. Souya, being close by, lifted the boy's face: he had some bruises on his face as well as a split lip and it looked like his nose had been broken from the way it was.

─ Rindō, you have to wake up, come on! ─ exclaimed Souya in a low voice and shaking the boy a few times.

After a few seconds Rindō woke up, disoriented and trying to focus his sight. ─ S-Souya? But, I told you to get the hell out. ─

─ Shut up, I'm going to get you out of here. ─ Souya proceeded to remove the bindings the older man kept on his hands and legs while Rindō gazed at Hakkai who was keeping an eye on everything.

─ Quite the pair you brought. ─ the boy mentioned, as Hakkai gave him a look of contempt. ─ Be thankful we came for you, Haitani. ─ he replied.

Once he managed to untie Rindō, the blue-haired boy turned around to face Rindō again, carefully wiping the traces of blood trickling down his nose. ─ Can you stand up? ─ the twin questioned, to which the Haitani nodded.

─ Why did you come here? ─ Rindō asked. Souya said nothing more, just set about cleaning the Haitani. When he did what he could he pulled him along.

─ We'll talk about that later, let's leave now before it's too late. ─ Souya said, setting off to watch the Haitani, who was still wincing in pain from the multiple blows he had been given.

He didn't seem to be doing so well after all; Souya saw that he was limping on one of his legs, as if he had wanted to break it but he could see that they hadn't succeeded. The twin approached, wrapping his arms around Souya's waist and putting his arm around his shoulders. ─ Come on, I'll help you, stop pretending you're a superhuman, you idiot. ─

Rindō made a grimace as well as a frown at that reply, but received the help anyway. ─ We're back to square one. ─ the violet-haired man muttered with amusement. Souya hadn't stopped to think about it: his reunion with the Haitani was also saving him from the beating he got on that desolate street in Roppongi, and once again there he was saving his own ass; no doubt life was working in a funny way at the moment.

They were walking as fast and as carefully as possible, while Hakkai was ahead of them in case of any inconvenience. However, what sounded like a bullet grazed the side of Souya's ear and he was immediately alerted.

─ Ara~ we have some rats here and they're taking my prey. ─ was heard from behind.

Hakkai immediately turned to look recognizing the figure standing in the shadows; Kokonoi Hajime. Rindō saw him and shouted angrily. ─ DAMN SCUM, HOW CAN YOU BETRAY US LIKE THAT KOKO. ─

A laugh came from Koko, who reloaded the gun once more looking at the Haitani. ─ I thought you already knew this Rindō, but I remind you once again: I'm from the highest bidder, and Mikey unfortunately didn't offer me much. ─ With that he aimed straight for Rindō's head and fired at it, but Souya barely managed to make Rindō dodge it.

─ RUN HAKKAI! ─ shouted the blue-haired man as he charged at Rindō. Hakkai didn't know what to do but in the end decided to run to where the rest of them were to give notice that they had found the culprit. Koko could be heard from behind reloading the gun, Rindō and Souya ran as fast as they could due to the Haitani's condition and another bullet passed by the red-haired man's side.

In the distance, the rest of Sanzu's remaining men could be seen struggling as they had not been able to get rid of the rest of the remaining enemy. Hand grabbed Souya from Rindō to pull him with him, to which he reciprocated the grip with bated breath from the exertion.

─ YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE HAITANI! ─ Koko shouted from behind, words that went unheeded and continued the escape. Again, the gun Koko was carrying was heard to be reloaded but from the side a bullet pierced straight through Koko's shoulder causing a whimper to come out and the gun to fall to the ground, the bullet belonged to Nahoya who was standing next to Hakkai and Mitsuya. ─ Shut up bitch! ─ exclaimed the Kawata.