17

Souya stared straight at the pair of closed eyes his brother held. Hakkai and Mitsuya gave each other a quick glance; no way to fool Smiley now about the topic at hand.

─ Smiley. ─ Souya exclaimed quietly, as Nahoya cracked his knuckles with the palm of his opposite hand while the smile was still present.

─ Where did you really go, Angry? ─ the melon-haired one questioned, the tone of his questioning provoking some sense of danger in the blue-haired one; if he continued to lie, Nahoya would most likely give him a punishment more than worthy of his actions.

A sigh was heard from Souya, who turned to face his brother. One hand went to caress the other arm, stroking it up and down as he looked up and down as he held the older one.

─ Nahoya, I've been seeing Rindō. ─ Souya finally released the secret. At that Smiley's smile was that faded, he frowned as well as clenched fists held at the sides of himself. ─ That I already know, I've known that for a while now! ─

Souya, Hakkai and Mitsuya were perplexed by such a revelation Did that mean they had been guarding themselves on that subject in vain? Now they felt like complete fools. ─ What I want to know is, why are you lying to your big brother, Angry? Don't you trust me, little brother? ─ Nahoya questioned with a sad tone to it, causing Souya to look regretful.

─ N- It's not that Smiley, I just didn't want my older brother to take care of his younger brother's nonsense! I don't like to get you in trouble Nahoya.... I didn't mean to lie to you. ─ A grimace formed on the younger Kawata's face. In response, Nahoya tapped the other's forehead with his thumb and forefinger, causing Souya to place his hand on the spot to rub and a groan was released.

─ What a silly little brother, clearly if you tell me to stay out of it I'll respect that, though it wasn't easy for me to pretend I didn't know, you know? ─ Then hands clasped Nahoya's own waist, as she continued to stare at the younger boy who looked up at Nahoya's closed eyes. ─ But, I don't understand how come...? ─

─ How did I know? The second night you left I didn't go to sleep at the usual time, and I heard the sound of your door opening and thought you were going to the bathroom, but when I heard the sound of the front door I knew you were going somewhere else, so I looked out the window and saw it was the Haitani. ─ He replied calmly. Souya thought it had been the discreet thing to do; but boy, absolutely nothing escaped Nahoya's notice at the moment.

A pout formed on the younger Kawata's lips and a chuckle escaped the elder's lips. ─ Now tell me what that son of a bitch did to you that wouldn't let you go until the next day, I'll kick his ass. ─ Nahoya formulated to which Souya shook his head and waved both arms.

─ Smiley, you promised not to butt in unless I asked you to! Besides I'm fine, but Rindō? ─ Worried face formed again. It was then that Hakkai stood up to take the floor.

─ Look Nahoya, I'll explain, I'm sure even Souya doesn't know how to say it. ─ With that then Hakkai related what happened at the departmental place (though at the same time he avoided other topics such as the kiss and the Haitani's flirting with Souya because he knew well that if Nahoya found out, she would surely go for Rindō's head without thinking about it and, right now, it wasn't a good option).

Nahoya listened carefully, placing her chin between her own index finger and thumb. ─ I see. Souya So you didn't manage to get rid of the damn scum? ─ At Smiley's question, Souya shook his head back and forth. A hand was directed towards the back of his neck stroking it with mild frustration in the process.

─ I'm worried Smiley, I mean, Rindō isn't like the big person but; I can't help that feeling of making him safe, and I want to do something. ─

To Nahoya Souya's whims were worth more than anything else, and if Souya wanted to save the Haitani then he would accompany his brother to the end just to see him happy. Clapping his hands together he finally exclaimed aloud. ─ Alright, it's decided: we'll save the Haitani idiots. ─