6

The week passed unexpectedly quickly for Souya. He tended the place in the evenings alongside Nahoya, and after having a long talk with his brother, he was finally allowed to go out further afield, so he continued to be responsible for stocking the restaurant-bar.

He was on duty on Friday at almost midnight. He was busy cleaning the bars while brooding over what he knew might be one of the craziest things to happen that night, and it was a bit of a burden as he didn't enjoy lying to his twin.

On this occasion they managed to finish early, so Souya and his brother went out together quietly passing through the streets towards home. The reputation that both brothers had made for themselves still preceded them among the local gangs, so it was hard for anyone to mess with them, no matter how late it was.

─ What do you want for dinner tonight Angry? Your brother will prepare whatever you want. ─ Nahoya mentioned. If he was honest Souya didn't even have an appetite for dinner, but without saying more he mentioned. ─ Maybe you can make onigiri, you haven't made them in a long time. ─

Nahoya received his request with a nod. Arriving at the flat, both siblings entered and Nahoya got to work on the order while Souya just sat on the couch and waited, slowly flipping through the television channels to find out what he would like to watch.

For the hour, the news was still on, and to his misfortune it was all about gangs and unfortunate events caused by gangs. He couldn't help but remember his old days at Tokyo Manji and a sigh snatched him away. Out of the mood, he turned off the TV, walked over to the dining room and sat down right there, watching what the eldest Kawata was doing.

A while passed and a plate of onigiri was placed in front of him. The blue-haired man took one and ate it in a leisurely fashion; it had restored his spirits and he ended up eating three pieces of them. He then headed off to take a shower, taking his time and relaxing with the warm water running down his body. He finished with that by heading out to his room, first letting his twin know that he would be going to sleep now and wishing him a good night.

Souya locked himself in the room. He looked at the clock hanging on his wall which read half past one in the morning. If he remembered, Rindō had arrived the previous time at around three in the morning; a completely absurd time to see him but he hoped with the new deal he would never have to see him at that hour again.

Instead of putting on his pyjamas, the boy ended up wearing a pair of tight-fitting trousers, a plain white T-shirt and a black jacket. He might well have preferred pyjamas, but that would undoubtedly have been more than embarrassing after the comment the Haitani had made to him. With that, he turned off the light in his room, turning on only the small night lamp on the side of his bed and, without further ado, sat on the edge of his bed and waited.

He kept an eye on the time at all times, but the more he looked at the clock he could swear that the slower the time was passing. It finally struck quarter to three when Souya decided to leave his room, but not before sneaking a peek to make sure Nahoya was asleep and he was; there was not a sound of Nahoya. 

He left, closing the door to his room quietly and walking out of the flat. He had decided to leave a few minutes before the appointed time because he didn't want to risk the Haitani banging on the window and his brother waking up.

He slowly made his way down the stairs until he reached the entrance of the complex again, where he exited quietly. Since there was a series of planters in front of it, he took the luxury of taking a seat in one of them, placing his hands inside the jacket he was wearing and waiting in total silence. Three o'clock struck and, as if by magic, the Haitani's car appeared in front of him.

The rear window of the car rolled down, revealing Rindō who was gazing serenely at the Kawata. Souya looked uncertainly, but took just a couple of steps closer so he could speak to him.

─ Hey Rindō, I want to make a deal with you. ─ Souya mentioned, while the frown between his brows looked furrowed, and his face showed nothing but seriousness and the typical gesture of anger on him.

─ A deal? But we already have a deal, Kawata. ─ Was the reply of the Haitani, who got out of the car wearing that typical expensive suit he usually wore.

─ Get in, and tell me about the deal then. ─ The red-haired man mentioned calmly, nodding his head at him first.

Souya refused to do so, while a menacing look had been placed on his face. ─ Not a chance. ─

Haitani raised an eyebrow, it seemed he had exhausted his patience. With that, he pulled out a gun from the side of his bag and pointed it at Souya. ─ Get the hell up here. ─ Were Rindō's words, as he scowled and glared at the younger Kawata.