24th june '22

maps of mishaps, fortune stored in cages; where the sun has set, fate has begun its appraisal

past and past, walks the line of lotuses; threaded veins and hearts made of needles.
daisy deaths and massacres; bodies of dust and rotten comforters.
murky predators, red velvet throats; beaches and octobers, stubborn sea salt.
what hurts water, how can it be pure? venom as sweet as rose poison, lemon juice and milk of a mother.
build a home, breathe into life, hold the thorn, hold the daffodil; keep the tendrils of vulnerability under the sky.
fight against the clock frozen with ink, the mind that has burrowed itself in air filled with tender knives.

as water cuts a stone, as snow rests upon the gold; a drop of tear left unnoticed in a desert.
hairs and springs of a fountain blue, the stars drenched in velvet; pearls that drown the earth in rain.
winks of clouds and veil of the sun; wars a home of the old, the blood soaked land a curse for the young.
petrichor rings the bell, the rain carries your shadows and envelopes; fostered flowers caressed by dirt.
how many a petal we throw to the forests, radical hope and cottage courage; and when the light is dim, surrender to the storm starving.
words and willow trees, pines and fallacies; what is empty, talks, the air and the wings of tongues.
how many silences are bribed with the musk of hearts; how many poisoned, entrapped, by the scar of youth?
they say life is a journey; nay, life is a house that was once lived in; insipid and defensive.

#adropofhumanity