9: Resentment* rewritten

A Day To Remember - Resentment

Planning the proposal was harder than it should have been along with keeping Eli from finding out but it's worth it. Vincent and Kyle has almost told him on different occasions without meaning to but thankfully someone or myself distracted them by calling or telling them that someone needed to talk to them about something.

Vincent, Spencer, and Erris took Eli to the mall to distract him for a couple of hours as the rest of us gets everything set up. We've been working on everything for an hour before my phone rings.

I check it to see that it's Cline. He's keeping track of Kalina.

"What's wrong?" I answer?

"We lost her in Mongolia."

"She could be anywhere by now."

"There were a bunch of people around so she was using them to make their scents mostly hers. We will find her and time is of the essence right now."

"That it is. Be careful, if she has to she will kill you and doubt the others which doesn't need to happen."

"We'll be careful. Anyways, good luck with the proposal."

"Thanks Cline."

"No problem Jaz. I'll let you go, bye." With that we hang up.

I put my phone up as I see Kyle, Tryst, Jayce, and Dash look at me expectantly wanting to know what happened.

"Cline and his team followed Kalina to Mongolia then lost her. She had many people around her so she's using their scents to mask her own." I say before my emotions go straight to fear but it's not my own, it's Elijah's.

After this happens my phone rings. I look down to see that it's Erris. I answer immediately.

"Someone took Elijah."

"Tell me what happened."

"We were walking through the mall and suddenly it got crowded the four of us decided to... to hold hands so that none of us would get lost. At one moment I felt a searing hot pain on my wrist. I look down and notice that someone had cut my arm with something silver that resembles claws. That being said I let go of Elijah's hand. I'm so sorry."

"Everything will be fine and I know exactly where Kalina is because she's the one who did that to you. I had forgotten she had custom silver nails. They aren't fully silver the tips are, the rest are platinum. However, silver doesn't do much to us like it does werewolves she must have doused them with a poison that works only on Lycans. You need to be treated."

"Don't worry I am. Thankfully,  Spencer is taking nursing courses."

"Did you follow Elijah's scent afterwards?"

"Yeah, we did. We followed them to an abandoned warehouse. Vincent is sending the coordinates to you right now," he says right before my phone goes off again.

I pull my phone away from my ear, it's Vincent.

I put the phone back to my ear.

"Hide and try to mask your scents. I don't want either one of you getting caught and captured. I need you all to help me get Elijah back."

"We know, we're in a building next to the one that is across from the warehouse. We'll wait for the rest of you to get here. Spencer and Dash don't need to go in that building with us. I'm not saying that because they're werewolves, I'm saying it because Spencer is pregnant. He's a omega like me and Elijah."

"I know but I'll tell Dash that he'll have to stay with Spencer here. I don't want anything the happen to either of them."

"Alright bye."