Chapter 1:Detention

"Why is there so much work~"Shi Qingxuan whined as his face scrunched with boredom and annoyance.

"Well, you are Class President,"Xie Lian noted as he stacked more papers and notebooks onto Shi Qingxuan's desk. The male in front of him groaned as he sank into his chair, his body slipping until his back no longer covered the chair properly.

"Then why don't you do this?You are my Vice President!"Shi Qingxuan muttered half heartedly as he looked away from the piles of work in front of him.

"I'll help, but it's your responsibility to-!"Xie Lian started his lecture before one of the papers was sweeped away, flying out the open window.Xie Lian groaned as he watched the white sheet flutter away. "I have to get that..."He muttered to himself."I'll be back!!Meanwhile, start on the work that's already there!"Xie Lian called as he jogged out of the classroom making sure to watch Shi Qingxuan closely to ensure that his lazy Class President wouldn't be slacking off.

"Fine!! But you better come back and help with this!!"He yelled back and Xie Lian didn't bother to give a reply. He knew that after all was said and done, they would work through everything together no matter how hard he had to drag Shi Qingxuan along with him.

.....

Xie Lian felt the wind sweep his hair from side to side as he walked quickly to the general area where he thought the paper had flown to.As he searched the grasses and bushes around the school grounds he found himself looking out at a fight! This being a co-ed high school it wasn't like fights were uncommon, but this one, it was different from all the rest.There were 2 boys who were average in looks that screamed and kicked at someone who stood there motionless with a smile on his face.That someone was a boy, possibly around Xie Lian's age who had long  jet black hair, and wore a red jacket and black jeans. Xie Lian scanned this boy's appearance and he found that this one had rather appealing features, a sharp prominent nose and an expressive cool black eye, the other eye being concealed by an eyepatch.Xie Lian watched as the 2 boys kicked at this handsome man and he found himself to be perplexed on why the man didn't fight back?He gave them nothing but a small smile that could be seen as mocking if one was out of there mind with rage, and those two seemed to be on that line.Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry as he started walking closer to them and called out:

"Hey!!"He said, catching the parties attention, the handsome boy's eye scanned him and his smile seemed to turn into a smirk.

"What do you want!!?"One of the boys yelled and Xie Lian saw that it was a rather tall boy but it seemed that the handsome boy was much taller, leaner, and his disheveled and flowing hair brought a hint of mischievousness to him. Xie Lian saw that there were bruises forming on the males cheek and lip and he winced at the injuries, haft hoping for the injuries to fade quickly and the other haft thinking that it was a shame to have such a face be tarnished with purple and blue marks.Instead of commenting though, Xie Lian helped the male straighten his clothes, brushing his hands against his jacket.

"Are you okay?"Xie Lian asked as his gaze went to the other's, watching as the male's coal black eye stared at his brown ones.

"Yes, thank you,"The males voice was deep, deeper than the age he appeared, Xie Lian smiled sheepishly as he found that every part of this man was rather charming and handsome.

"Your Welcome,"Xie Lian said, his eyes never leaving the other man until the bullies that once attacked the handsome man beside him went and made their presence known coming up, first to attack Xie Lian!!

"GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!"One yelled out as the other stood back with a smirk, waiting to see Xie Lian gain his own blue and purple marks.But before the fist could even make contact the handsome man beside Xie Lian pulled Xie Lian behind him and took the hit straight to his chest.The handsome man that once let no reaction slip, gasped harshly as he coughed, his knees buckling under his own weight.