Chapter 7: Something More

"Yes..."Hua Cheng's voice shook with deep tremors and the silence seemed to shake even harder.Xie Lian looked down as the music vibrated in his left ear.

"Oh...she must be nice."Xie Lian commented quietly, his heart dropping as he looked away.

"Who said they're a she?"Hua Cheng asked, his voice low, and soft like velvet.

Xie Lian's throat ran dry as his heart thumped and skipped a beat."I...''But before he could continue the waiter came back with their cake and tea.

"Sorry to interrupt again, here's your order."The waiter said and Xie Lian looked at the cake that was oozing with a sugary frosting that was slightly darker than the cake itself.Hua Cheng's eyes glanced at the cake before looking over to the waiter.

"Thank you, can we get the check?"Hua Cheng asked and the waiter nodded before speeding away."Gege...doesn't need to think too much about what I said."Hua Cheng said slowly after a moment as he pushed a fork over to Xie Lian.

"O-ok..."Xie Lian said softly but he didn't.And he wouldn't.His mind buzzing with the thought and wonder of who this special, beloved person was.

....

Once they left the cafe they didn't speak for quite a long time, only taking "secret" glances at each other as they walked.Xie Lian glanced at the store fronts that were showing displays of clothing and such behind windows, but he had no real interest in the products themselves.Instead his mind was swimming with thoughts about this beloved one that Hua Cheng spoke of while they were in the cafe.

"Who said they're a she?"

The words bubbled into his head and his expression that was once blank twisted into something combined with hope and embarrassment.His face radiated red and he covered his mouth slightly with his finger as he tried hiding his face away from the male next to him.Xie Lian glanced at Hua Cheng who was looking away and he sighed quietly with relief.His mind then again fogged as he looked down to the concrete they walked on.Those words bubbled and expanded in his mind and he thought for a moment over them.

'D-does that mean...'Xie Lian's eyes went to Hua Cheng again for a flicker of a moment as he thought.'That the person San Lang cherishes...his beloved one...isn't a girl...?"Xie Lian teases the idea in his mind and doing so allows his mind to float away from being conscious forcing his brain to autopilot.His feet pounding on the concrete that flashes from light to dark.His eyes unfocused and noises flood his barely conscious mind.Finally something—or more accurately—someone pulls him back into reality.A loud beeping roared in the air as Xie Lian's body was flung back into the warmth of an others while a truck ran past where Xie Lian was about to walk to.Xie Lian blinked as he looked around to see that they were at a street, about to cross it.But the light had gone red for them, which signaled to everyone else that they couldn't cross but having been lost to thoughts Xie Lian didn't notice and was about to walk into the street, almost getting hit by that truck!! Realizing what was happening Xie Lian looked back to see Hua Cheng.He pulled him back from crossing the street, saving him in the process! Xie Lian's eyes went down to see that his hand was grabbing onto his arm firmly, so tight that you would think Xie Lian was a feather about to be blown away by a terrifying gust of wind.

"S-san Lang..."Xie Lian's voice quivered lightly and Hua Cheng's dark eye shot to his brown ones.

"Are you ok?"His deep voice trembled with emotions that vibrated through Xie Lian's whole being.Xie Lian stared at that handsome face until it started becoming too blurry to see, as tears fell from his eyes.

"...sorry...I'm sorry..."He whispered and Hua Cheng's throat bobbed for a moment before he led them away from the street where they went to an empty path that not many passed by, he allowed them to sit on the curb, gravel resting beneath them.Once they had a moment to sit Xie Lian looked to Hua Cheng and saw that he was shaking.It was a small movement but he could see it as clear as day and his eyes watered...but not because of fright, or atleast fright for himself but for the one next to him, a fear akin to a child fearing when their parent starts to cry.Xie Lian moved before he could think, wrapping his arms around the other next to him.Hua Cheng after a moment returned the embrace.Hua Cheng's arms were strong with muscle but his hug, unlike the touches they shared before was not careful, instead it was one filled to the brim with fear.