Chapter 2:"Nice Meeting You..."

"It's Perfect,"Hua Cheng said his voice soft, and it honestly didn't quite sound like someone who caused trouble every waking moment, his reputation of being a troublemaker was really starting to slip from Xie Lian's mind.Xie Lian moved a bit closer to the other male, the chair scraping against the floor as he did so.Their knees meeting as Xie Lian moved his body so that he was facing Hua Cheng.

"Do you usually get into fights?"Xie Lian asked as he allowed himself to relax.

"Not as often as you might think,"Hua Cheng said back and Xie Lian chuckled lightly as he watched Hua Cheng slowly start to relax as well."Do you usually step into fights?"Hua Cheng teased making Xie Lian burst out into laughter.

"No!"He said in between his laughter.As he calmed down his laughter faded as he looked at Hua Cheng for a moment and started to speak before stopping himself and then again."Are...you really so much of a troublemaker that teachers automatically think your causing trouble?"Xie Lian asked heisitently.

"...what do you think?"Hua Cheng asked, leaning forward, making Xie Lian back away slightly, blushing.

"Well...it seems that you weren't the one who started it so...I can't say for certain..."Xie Lian answered quickly and nervously, fumbling over his words.

"Is that so?"Hua Cheng asked as he backed away and chuckled."Are you curious why I was involved in that fight?"Hua Cheng asked and Xie Lian couldn't help but nod quickly.

"I-I mean if you want to....you can tell me.."Xie Lian said, looking away slightly and then back as Hua Cheng leaned back on his chair.

"I can. Those two were past classmates of mine, they must have been holding a grudge so they told me to come and meet them...and now we're here."He said and Xie Lian saw that there was most likely more to the story but he didn't want to pry.

"Why not tell the teacher this, if he knew it was them who started it then you could get out of trouble...right?"Xie Lian asked but for some reason it felt like that possible solution wasn't quite right.

"Let me ask you, if someone thinks the worst of you, will they think your thoughts are worthy to be listened to?"Hua Cheng asked and Xie Lian winced knowing the answer automatically.

"No...they wouldn't."Xie Lian thought for a moment and then he asked without thinking."Then what if it were from someone the teacher liked?"He asked and then shut his mouth just as quickly.

"Hmm."Hua Cheng hummed and smiled as he watched Xie Lian closely."You weren't involved in that fight.Why are you trying to help me?"Hua Cheng asked, his voice growing cold like the ice under Xie Lian's wrist.

"It's unfair that you're treated as the bad guy when you didn't do anything to deserve it."Xie Lian said seriously, making Hua Cheng's eye widen in surprise, before closing.

"Then what if I am the bad guy?"Hua Cheng asked and his eye never met Xie Lian's and Xie Lian paused as he chewed on his next words.

"Then you deserve a second chance."Xie Lian said calmly and Hua Cheng opened his eye to look at Xie Lian, his eye searching the one beside him, almost like he was looking for any sign of a falsehood in Xie Lian's words.

"You're a very interesting person, Vice President."Hua Cheng said and Xie Lian smiled.

"I could say the same thing to you, Hua Cheng."Xie Lian said with a smile growing on his face as he rested his chin on his other hand as he watched Hua Cheng smile before turning fully to him, leaning closer.

"I'd prefer you call me San Lang."Hua Cheng said and Xie Lian allowed his eyes to widen in surprise before he fixed his eyes on Hua Cheng again.

"Ok, Nice meeting you San Lang,"Xie Lian said as he watched Hua Cheng's smile widen as he leaned back on to his chair.