Chapter 11: "Welcome Home, San Lang."

//Note:The Artwork Above is one that I've drawn specifically for this chapter, I hope you like it.//

....

Xie Lian's mind buzzed with anticipation.It had been 2 years since he'd seen Hua Cheng, and he couldn't pretend that he wasn't excited to see him. They were both busy going through school, and then once Hua Cheng finally graduated from High School he worked with the band and got 3 jobs to try and make enough money to fly out and move to America, where Xie Lian was.Xie Lian praised him a lot in their letters to each other for that, but he did admit he could've helped him out. Hua Cheng replied to that by saying that he'd like to pay his way to him with his own efforts, afterall what could his own family contribute.Xie Lian did wonder what would happen to the band, but Hua Cheng reassured him that he'd still make music, and if everything went well he could work with He Xuan and Yin Yu in making their music remotely.After all they were planning on touring if their music had gotten enough attention, all they had to do was work on it.Xie Lian had seen a lot of their music online and of course it was getting a lot of traction, many commenting on Hua Cheng and how attractive he looked on the videos where they showed their faces and how beautiful his voice sounded on the ones that were absent of his face. If Xie Lian was honest with himself (and normally he was) he would have accepted the fact those comments made him extremely jealous.Afterall he felt the same way, and he was scourged with anger when he read the common comment asking if the "handsome guitarist is dating someone", on drunk nights he would question Hua Cheng's feelings for him.That is until he'd read the letters that made his heart soar, and he'd acknowledge how lucky he was to have been able to capture Hua Cheng's heart. Not to say he wasn't lonely after all this time, sometimes he would miss Hua Cheng so much that he'd questioned why he even bothered staying in the Stated, why he wanted to continue without Hua Cheng by his side.That was one of the biggest reasons why he had asked Hua Cheng to move in. So he could see him again, and know that he'd be able to see him the next day and the day after that.And after a year he'd finally gotten the last letter from Hua Cheng saying he'd be boarding the plane to the US that Thursday and be arriving Friday midday. After that they had resorted to calling instead.Even though they could have done that for every communication in the past 2 years, Hua Cheng found it more poetic to write letters to each other.

After all it's not like they wouldn't call each other, they still had other means of communication, it's just that the letters meant more than any "goodnight" text.That was how Hua Cheng had communicated with Xie Lian before they officially met again, for 10 years until finally they did meet and instead of letters he could talk, joke, and laugh with Xie Lian like he'd always dreamed. All this to say, Xie Lian was positively ecstatic to get that phone call, that text message, that knock on the door, to signal Hua Cheng's long awaited arrival. And even though those 2 years were hard, waiting for him now was even harder, because now, he had something to wait for.

Xie Lian was pacing back and forth, his apartment small enough that it didn't take him long to get from one side of the flat to the other. His apartment was small but cheap, perfect for one foreign college student.He learned English in high school, but being in America was a whole different journey, if he thought he knew English before he was basically fluent now. He was even able to teach Hua Cheng some English after they're plans of him moving in with him had come to the forefront, Hua Cheng was a fast learner, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to locals.Xie Lian stopped in his tracks, as he heard a familiar ringing sound coming from his room.He pounced on his phone and answered it just as quickly.

"SAN LANG!!?'Xie Lian yelled so loud he was almost worried his neighbors would complain about the noise.

"Haha...uh...this is Shi Qingxuan..."Xie Lian's heart dropped and he sighed.

"Sorry Qingxuan...I'm kinda freaking out here."Xie Lian laughed awkwardly.

"It's fine, you're seeing Hua Cheng after 2 years, of course you're freaking out, I'd be too if He Xuan wa..."Shi Qingxuan trailed off.