𝒻𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓃𝒹𝓈(14)

____________________________________

𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓅ℴ𝓋 (𝒴/𝒩)

Waking up and heading to the kicthen, I saw mom sitting at the table looking dazed. Her finger grazes over her lips. "Mom are you okay, your not sick again are you?" She looks over to me coming out of her daze. "Y-yes, i'm okay." She said smiling face a little red.

I quirked an eyebrow at her then also sat down at the table. "How was your time yesterday with Shima sensei?" I asked while looking at my plate of food and beginning to dig in. I didn't get a reply back. I looked up at her confused at the lack of response.

Her face was fully red. "are you sure you're not sick mom?" I said a little worried.

"No No No! Of course not it just its-." she starts fanning herself with both her hands. "isn't it a little hot?" she finished.

I looked at the AC controller on the wall. "it's 63 degrees." I said looking back at her. Mom starts laughing nervously as starts eating her breakfast.

____________________________________

I walked into the classroom and took my seat. Yumi and Baji had not shown up yet since I'd usually show up earlier. I looked over at Mr. Shima who seemed to be in the same state mom was in the morning. He was also dazed and staring into space.

Once class started he still would be staring into place. He'd also often graze his lips with his fingers like how mom did. "Shima sensei looks sick again."Yumi said. I nodded. 'Something happened yesterday.' I thought.

Once lunch came, I went to follow Mr. Shima to the teacher lounge. I told Yumi I had something to do and I didn't really have to tell Baji anything since he was snoring his way to dreamland.

As I slowly followed Mr. Shima from behind, he would stumble from side to side like some kind of drunk. He also almost ran into the closed door of the teacher lounge if I hadn't called out to him.

"Y/N-Chan? Are you here to see Mushroom again." He asked. "I uh, guess?" I replied. He smiled and opened the door and I stepped in. He went to fill up mushroom's food bowl. 'It's surprising how the school actually allowed him to have mushroom here.'

Mushroom started to happily dig into his meal. "Shima sensei." He hums and turns to me. "Yes?"

"Did something happen yesterday between my mom and you. When I mentioned about it her face went really red." Mr Shima blinks. "I kept asking her about it but she also kept changing the subject, so now I'm asking you."

Mr. Shima stays still as if frozen in thought before his face slowly turned red. Mushroom seemed to look between the two of us as he continued munching. "N-nothing happened between us Y/N." He continued rambling on about yesterday. "We just went to eat at a restaurant, then went for a night drive, and I maybe. . . . Might of . . . . ᵏⁱˢˢᵉᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵍᵒᵒᵈᵇʸᵉ ᵃˢ ʷᵉˡˡ." He said the last part very quietly I couldn't hear it.