Chapter 1 Living to ride

I walk into my house with my black hood up on my jacket.I keep my head down all I see are my dark blue skinny jeans and black travel boots that go to my ankles.My brown hair poking out of my hood."Hi Savannah."Said my mom who was looking at her computer."Hi,"I reply.I drop my stuff off and turn around heading towards the door."I will be riding Yeller."I state heading out the door.
Old Yeller was in his stall waiting by he gate for me.I grab his bit of the hook and head to his stall."Hey Boy."I whisper.He nickers as in replying.I slip the bit into his mouth then swing myself onto his back.We ride out into the pasture at a lope to oak tree.It was planted about fifty years ago.Yeller eats grass while I sit on a branch.I think about my Uncle Sam and Darrel,they left for seas as Navy troops.I grabbed my dog tag necklace from a hole in the trunk.It had two dog tags.One was for run for the fallen.The other was my favorite.'Land of the free Because of the brave.'The sun was sinking.A distant howl sounded.Yeller nickered telling me it's time to go.We ride back to the barn at a lope.
I walk into the house without my hood on.Mom would be asleep by now.I walk upstairs to my bedroom to slip on my night clothes.I slide into bed reading one of my favorite book series.Paranormallcy,by White.My phone vibrates on my head board."See u tomorrow."From Destiny.I reply "k"and tell her the same thing.I think of my track meet tomorrow against Magnolia West.I close my eyes and sleep.