1

(y/ns pov)

i smiled at kate as she finally understood her assignment.

"you're literally a lifesaver, thank you" she said, looking at the paper and smiling.

"i'm glad i could help, here's my phone number if you need any help with anything else" i said, sliding a ripped piece of paper with my phone number on it.

"thank you y/n, appreciate it" she said, as she continued doing her assignment.

i stood up from the lunch table, but was quickly interrupted.

"hold on- sorry... could you just check if this is the correct answer?" she asked as i nodded and sat back down, sliding the book to myself as i looked at the range of numbers.

"that's perfect, just remember to add the units at the end" i said as she smiled and nodded, adding the "cm" after the answer as i smiled and left.

i walked down the cafeteria with the multiple books in hand, all from different subjects.

i was walking to my usual seat, outside.

no one sat there, and i loved that because i could actually do my assignments in peace with no interruptions.

i dropped my books on the metal table outside as i made myself comfortable on the metal stool connected to the table, before opening all my books and placing them in a specific order.

i sat quietly as the scribbles from the pencil was the only thing to be heard.

i finished off my maths assignment until i was interrupted.

although i was a bit annoyed, it was only my friend, dustin.

he didn't annoy me at all, he always credited me for his intelligence although i told him not to, and i loved that he respected me that way.

i wasn't annoyed because of him, i was just annoyed because no one ever interrupts me.

"hey y/n" he spoke as he slowly sat himself opposite me as i watched his every move, slightly annoyed.

"sorry for interrupting you, but- i need your help"
my (in some way) anger, turned into happiness and excitement.

"what's up?!" i asked, bouncing on the metal stool as his serious face turned into a smile.

"my friend needs tutoring"

"with what?"

"common knowledge" he said, making me laugh.

"no but seriously- i just genuinely think he's dumb, like- he needs help with almost EVERY-"

the door to the outdoor area opened and closed violently as our heads turned.

"this is eddie" dustin said as i gulped slightly.

eddie didn't do anything bad to me, but he just almost ALWAYS gave me dirty looks.

"what are you two discussing?" he asked, only looking at dustin and pretending i'm not there.

"your stupidity" dustin said, making me smile as i looked down on the table, trying to hide it.

but i did fail to do that.

"hey- what are you smiling at, huh?" eddie spoke as i looked up and pretended i wasn't smiling.

"do you guys like-" dustin asked but was cut off.

"hate eachother?" eddie asked.

"yeah, i guess?"  dustin said.

"no, never spoke to her" he said.

"okay... maybe, sit down?" dustin said, sounding suspicious, patting the seat next to him as i proceeded to close all the books and move them out of their way.

i looked opposite me as eddie and dustin sat next to eachother.

"he needs tutoring" dustin said, pointing to eddie.

"what? no i don't-"

"you do eddie, and trust me, y/n is the RIGHT person to go to"

"to do what?"

"tutoring! she tutors people eddie!" dustin said as eddie rolled his eyes and looked into the distance, already wanting to leave the table.

"eddie-"

"when are you free?" i asked as eddie looked at me.

"never free" he said.

"come on eddie, we all know you sit around in your house all day doing all sorts of drugs-"

"DONT SAY THAT" eddie said, pointing close to dustins face as he slowly backed up.

"i already knew that but-" i said, shoving the books in my backpack as they looked at me at the same time.

"you know?" eddie said, as i nodded.

"how do you-" dustin spoke.

"yeah, how do you know?"  eddie said, completing the sentence.

i sighed, "do you seriously think i don't know what drugs smell like?" i asked them both, as my eyes shot back and forth from one to the other.

"well... in terms of your knowledge, i wouldn't be surprised but- in terms of innocence? NO way" dustin said.

"well... i know what drugs smell like" i said.

i got a bit nervous, i always hid it from others that i had smoked as well, but it wasn't drugs like weed but just some cigarettes.

"good to- know?" eddie said as i looked at him.

"mkay, when are you free then?" i asked, a bit bored of him.

"i said i'm not-"

"you are!" dustin raised his voice as eddie just sighed.

"i'm free on- fridays? i guess-" he said.

"is 7pm fine?" i asked as he just nodded.

"okay- hold on" i said, grabbing my notebook and pen.

"is there any specific subjects you need help in?" i asked.

"maths" dustin spoke for him as he just exhaled angrily.

"great, just write your- address" i said, sliding the notebook across the table to him and rolling the pen on the table as he took it and wrote his address before handing it back to me.

he slid it back to me just like i did, and rolled the pen back the way that i did as well as i just smiled, ripped the page out and folded it, before placing it in my jeans pocket.

"can we go-" eddie asked.

"yeah, sure" dustin said as they both started to move their feet out from under the metal green table.

"oh- thanks y/n" dustin said as he walked away with eddie, eddie leaving me with no goodbyes or anything.

i sighed and just read the book for the rest of the lunch break as i couldn't be asked to take out all of my books only to answer a couple of questions.

i think i'd just end up doing it on the school bus home anyways.