9

(eddie pov)

i drove into the grass next to the trailer, quickly turning off the car and running inside.

i panicked, trying to find the book i was so desperate for.

i looked through the bags of weed and other illegal substances, until i found a drawer that was FILLED with dusted books.

i slowly took them out, rubbing my hand across each front cover to see the title.

history books.. science fiction books, psychology and...

bingo.

art of seduction.

i put my fist up in the air, excited.

"YES" i shouted, putting the rest of the books back and immediately running into my room and jumping on the bed.

i looked through the contents of the book.

there were many chapters, until i found one.

"how to seduce someone specific"

(by the way, i'm just making this up)

i looked at the page and immediately flicked through the pages until i got to page 173.

i then read the types of people, in total there being nine.

until one fit y/n perfectly.

"they're mysteriously unpredictable, and portray themselves in a way that no one knows their true personality and habits. they can get frustrated pretty quickly and are hard forgivers, usually keeping a grudge between them and the person that didn't treat them correctly"

i smiled as i read the small paragraphs and moved onto the next.

1. use your eyes
to grab their attention, give them glares from time to time, if they like you or dislike you, the rule goes for both.

2. humiliate your behaviour
once they're around you, portray yourself differently, whether it's being more confident or formal, even shy. this way, your target will gain confidence by thinking you have some sort of feelings for them. they will think about you more and focus on you more often.

3. do not do anything that may put them off
these can be, annoying them, arguing, giving dirty or confused looks. once this person has a bad experience with you, they are willing to never talk to you again.

i laughed at this point, clearly explained y/n well.

4. rely on them
ask for small tasks to be done, but don't make it too obvious. over time you can ask for bigger tasks from them, they fall for this easily. it can get so serious to the point where they can really fall for you.

5. show your independence
these people love seeing others being independent, especially people who use their help.

6. lure them in
once you've mastered all of the tips above, you can practically manipulate them into seduction, they would have no filter around you for all they have done for you.

i smiled and shut the book, putting it in my drawer.

i guess i have to use my eyes in school to lure her in eventually.

(y/ns pov)

i finished my skincare and just layed in bed all day, hoping my parents would be back soon, since i realised it's be unusal for them to not be here on a saturday.

i decided to go downstairs to the home phone and dial my mothers number.

i was unexpectedly interrupted as a knock came to the door.

i walked up to it, looking through the window that had been tinted on the other side so no one would see what's inside.

two police officers.

fuck.

i quickly ran to the side, acting as if they saw me although they didn't.

"y/n linden? this is about your parents!" the police shouted as my eyes widened.

why would they even mention my parents if they were at work?

i sighed and went back to the front door, unlocking it as the two police officers smiled.

"miss linden?"

"yes sir.." i said, looking down as i unlocked the door and the voices weren't so muffled anymore

"your parents are- were in a bad situation.."

"pardon?" i said, suddenly coming back to life with my eyes wider than ever.

"your parent both had a business trip, we're you not aware?"

"not at all.." i said, looking down.

"they had a flight from... new york city-"

"what that's so far from here!"

"please don't interrupt us"

"sorry"

"they had a flight from new york city to... alaska" one officer said as the other nodded.

"unfortunately the plane lost signal and we are currently looking for it, no one knows where it is or if it's crashed"

tears formed in my eyes at the officers stood there.

"is there anyone in the hou-"

"yes, my aunt" i said, making stuff up.

"okay... we will get back to you as soon as possible" they said, leaving as i shut the door and just burst out into tears.

where were they? we're they even alive? we're they dead?

so many thoughts went through my mind, i how would i live without them?

(dustins pov)

"yeah, she was like, very overprotective" i said to suzie when she came and visited.

"wait, she's the smart one, right?" suzie asked a si nodded.

she gasped, "can i meet her?"

"um..." i said, not knowing whether y/n would be fine with it.

"let me give her a call to see if she's home" i said.

i walked to the phone on my desk and dialled her number as the phone rang.

(y/ns pov)

i was sat, sobbing by the front door until the phone rang.

i gasped and jumped up, hoping it was my mom at least.

i ran to the home phone and answered.

"MOM?" i asked, but i was wrong.

(dustins pov)

"what?" i said through the phone

"oh- dustin, why do you call?" she asked.

i heard a sniff as if she had a cold.

"are you okay?" i asked.

"mhm" she hummed.

"okay.. listen, remember how i used to talk about suzie"

"yeah?"

"well she came to visit me and she really wants to meet you.." i said.

"oh- um sorry dustin i-"  she couldn't finish the sentence, i heard her burst into tears as she ended the call by putting the phone down.