10

(dustins pov continued)

i heard the beeps, signalling that the call ended, and immediately jumped to my feet.

"what happened?" suzie asked.

"she was crying" i said.

"oh um-"

"come, i'll tell eddie to drop us off at hers" i aid, grabbing suites hand as she was just blankly confused.

i ran downstairs, holding her hand before grabbing the walkie talkie me and eddie have.

"EDDIE?" i shouted through the walkie talkie after extending the metal piece.

he answered almost immediately.

"are you okay?" he asked.

i nodded, realising he can't see me and then quickly replying.

"no, eddie, no, i need your help"

"what's going on?"

"in with suzie, she wanted to meet y/n so i called her and she answered crying, she didn't tell me why because she hung up on me and i just really need to get to her hous-"

"okay okay okay, i'll be outside yours in a minute" he said, as i put the walkie talkie down and went to the front door, putting on my shoes as so did suzie.

"who's eddie?"

"leader of that weird club i'm in" i said quickly, as i opened the front door and waited for suzie to put on her shoes.

we then left and waited on the front porch, awaiting a black van to come pick us up.

"do you know why y/n is-"

"no suzie i dont! that's why we're going to her fucking house-"

"language!"

i sighed as i heard a car horn

i looked to my left and saw the van parked.

i grabbed suzie a hand and ran to the van with her behind me.

i opened the door to the back where eddie was turned around, one hand on the opposite seat, already looking at suzie.

i buckled up as so did suzie.

"i'm eddie" he said.

"suzie" suzie said as they shook hands.

"okay can we please go!" i shouted, nervously.

the car started and eddie drove to her house.

"wait a minute- how do you know where she lives?" i asked.

"dropped her off this morning"

"oh.. why? WAIT- WAS SHE SLEEPING WITH YOU?" i asked.

"no dustin i wasn't! i slept on the sofa because i didn't want to make her uncomfortable,
she was annoyed in the morning and insisted to leave so i just dropped her off."

"why was she with you in the first place?"

"she was walking home, completely drunk, like- REALLY fucked over. i took her home because- it was the middle of the night and i obviously didn't want to leave her out in public at night"

"why would anyone let her out late and DRUNK?" i asked.

"that's what i'm questioning, but i sure will talk to chrissy and jason about it."

i nodded at eddie as suzie just kept looking out of the window.

(y/ns pov)

i sat on the chair closest to the home phone, just gazing at what was in front of me as tears slowly dropped from my eyes as my eyes burnt, little by little.

my daydreaming was interrupted as the front door bell rang and i slightly jumped.

i stood up and wiped my tears as i made my way to the front door.

quickly looking into the mirror right by the front door, i noticed how bad i looked, nose all puffy, cheeks all red and eyes too.

"fuck" i whipered, trying to look normal but failing.

the door bell rang again, and i wasn't willing to open it if i looked like this.

"who's there?" i shouted, sniffing my nose.

"open the door please!" a voice said.

my curiosity took over n'a du just sniffed my nose again before opened the door a little bit, only my eyes peaking out.

it was dustin, a girl and- eddie?

what was eddie doing here.

"can we come in?" dustin asked.

i sighed,  moved away from the door and immediately turned away from the door as all three entered.

i refused to face them, i didn't want them to see me in such an awful state.

"im suzie" the girl said.

"im y/n" i spoke, still looking away as my back faced them.

i then felt hands on my shoulders as someone gently turned me over, quickly making me look down

i noticed their clothes, and it was dustin.

"look at me please" dustin said, a bit worried as i sighed and looked at him.

he looked from one eye to the other, a small frown on his face.

seeing him sad made me even sadder so i just pulled him to me and hugged him.

(eddies pov)

y/n pulled dustin into a hug.

he looked clearly confused with his hand placements, not even touching y/n.

it took him a while to process what was going on, but when he did, he hugged her back, pretty tightly.

i look see at y/n who was now by dustins shoulder, just crying into his shirt as he stood there, hugging her.

they eventually let go, and i stared at y/n, as her eyes scanned dustins whole face.

seeing her wipe her own tears made me so sad for some reason.

(y/n's pov)

"what happened?" dustin whispered.

"police officers came to my house" i said, sighing.

"they said my parents were in a plane that lost—
signal"

he looked at me, clearly sad.

"they don't know where they are" i said, as my voice broke out and i burst into tears again, slowly feeling dustins arms around me again

i cried and cried and cried, which then led to a painful headache.

"why did you come?" i asked dustin as he stepped back to suzie and eddie.

"to check in on you.." dustin said.

"oh-" i said, not knowing what to say.

"maybe get some rest.." dustin said.

"i will.." i said, sighing.

"do you guys- want anything ?" i asked, making my way to the kitchen as they followed.

they sat down on the kitchen island as i went into the fridge.

i took out some coca cola cans and gave one to each one of them, with a weak smile.