18

(y/n's pov)

it was unusal enough for me to wake up at 4 in the morning on a sunday.

however, i could see the sunrise— just not in this room..

i immediately looked out of the window of eddies bedroom where i had slept and looked at the sky, knowing the sun would rise from the other side of the trailer almost immediately.

i contemplated whether or not i should leave his bedroom and go to the living room to see if the sun is rising, but i eventually ended up going.

i stood up from the bed as the floorboards made a quiet squeaking noise and found myself by the door not long afterwards.

i opened the bedroom door and closed it slowly behind me, hoping not to make the smallest noise.

i walked down the narrow corridor until i found myself by the window sill, admiring the ombré colours forming in the sky above.

going from dark blue to purple to red to orange to yellow and eventually a pastel like yellow.

i smiled at the colours, feeling at peace in the moment.

i quickly turned as my heart started racing, the bathroom door had opened and closed, and i thought an intruder would've came in, and i didn't even know where eddie was.

luckily, however, it was eddie who was my suspected "intruder".

he looked at me, pretty confused as i stood by the window sill.

he rubbed his eyes as if he were trying to see if i were real or if he was dreaming.

i turned back around, admiring the sunrise as he didn't speak a word but stand by the bathroom door, completely amazed.

i eventually felt his presence near as his sleepy breathing came next to me.

he turned to look at me, also standing by the window, but not admiring the sunrise, but me instead.

i gulped a bit,  or being uncomfortable, it was just the tension, that's all... i think?

"why are you awake?" his raspy morning voice eventually asked.

i side eyed him as he watched, not knowing what to say.

"don't know.. just- woke up" i said.

he nodded in response, looking up into the sky— finally!

"sunrise, you like those" he said.

"sunsets- but-"

"sorry" he quickly said.

"i guess sunrises are also mesmerising" i said.

he nodded, looking back into the sky as it was completely silent.

"hey um-"  he said.

"hm?"

"sorry about- last night" he said as i just responded by nodding, just like he did.

"i kind of had to sleep on the couch because i didn't want to make you uncomfortable"

i smiled to his response as he looked at me, a little confused.

"what's so funny?" he asked, smiling slightly.

"the fact that you think i'd be uncomfortable sleeping with you when we literally fucked" i said, making him laugh a little.

"just didn't want to anger you more" he said.

"fair enough.." i said.

"but um- im glad you actually woke up because-"

i looked at him in a "really?" type of way, raising my eyebrows and looking at him, for the first time after our argument.

"yeah, um- you know how my uncle said he'd be back at 6am?"

i nodded.

"well- he usually sleeps on the couch and since i was sleeping on the couch, i took his spot"

"right, just fo to your room then" i said.

"you-?"

"i probably won't fall asleep and then feel tired for the whole day" i said, making him smile.

"right.." he said.

"im just scared to see dustin" i said, "or practically- anyone i know" i added.

"why?" he asked, as i gave him the obvious look as he eventually realised what i was on about and just nodded, looking away.

"right-" he said

"they can't do much about that though-" i said

"except call us lovebirds"  he quickly said.

"what?"

"hm?" he hummed, acting as if he didn't just call us lovebirds, making me roll my eyes back playfully as he just laughed.

"come" he said, grabbing my arm and leading me to his room.

"try and fall asleep?" he asked.

"i'll try.." i said, laying myself down on his bed again as he sat down, quietly playing on his guitar but without any amplifiers on.

i couldn't believe it but i had surprisingly fell asleep to the guitar lightly playing master of puppets.

"is it okay if i lay next to-" eddie started as i hummed in response, not wanting to interrupt my sleep.

i never fell asleep after i woke up at a specific time EARLY in the morning, sometimes i'd wake up to watch sunrises but that was rarely.

today, it seemed as if the sky wanted me to see it, and i was pretty happy i did, i think i like sunrises more now.

i dozed off to sleep on eddie mattress as i still heard the presence around me, eventually rolling to one side of the bed as eddie came and layed down next to me, pushing the mattress downwards more with his weight.

and i'm not sure how i layed down, but i'm sure i layed down on his chest at one point with his arm around my shoulders. 

it was peaceful and stuff, but i still heard the ruffling of paper not far above me.

(eddies pov)

as y/n layed down next to me, i slowly grabbed the book i took from her, what seemed to be- a home library.

it was about all sorts of metal bands, and maybe i'd discover some new ones i haven't heard of- maybe?

i opened the book and flicked through the starting pages that just went on and on about the author and stuff until i got to the chapters page and read every subtitle provided.

1. introduction to hard metal

2. history of metal

3. well known bands

4. the best guitars

5. the best drums

6. the best bass

the list practically went on and on about all sorts of different things.

and i was excited.