2

a whole week of tutoring and it's finally friday.

i had kate after school at 4pm, i always went home with her.

she needed help in science, and i was always excited to help, not only to educate her, but also enjoy her mothers lunch which was always delicious.

i left her house at 6:30pm, freezing cold as i reached into my bag and found eddies address.

i immediately recognised the neighbourhood he was in, it was maxs' neighbourhood too, i sometimes tutored her until she had no time because of her family problems and counselling.

i didn't mind that, i just hope she one day needs my tutoring again so we could be close.

i walked across the forest until i entered the side of the neighbourhood, behind one of the trailers.

i checked the door number and walked around the neighbourhood until i found eddies.

surprisingly it was opposite maxs' house, as i recognised the dog that always barked at me when i arrived at maxs' for tutoring, and now that i'm tutoring eddie, the dog STILL barks.

i walked down the rocky road as the dog did nothing but bark at me.

i walked up the porch and the door swung open as i jumped slightly, almost dropping my reading book i had held.

"hey, sorry-" eddie spoke as i just smiled awkwardly.

"didn't mean to scare you" he said, moving out of the way so i could enter the house.

"how are you?" i asked as he closed the door.

"okay? bit annoyed" he said.

"why?"

"because dustin forced me into tutoring" he said.

i was already pissed off with his attitude, he was apologetic outside and now suddenly i'm in his home and he's a dick.

"listen, if you want to struggle in school, i can calmly leave your trailer" i said, a bit sassy.

"you probably walked a while to get here so i don't want to waste your time and make you walk back home again" he said.

"okay then" i said, as i followed him down the narrow corridor and into his room, which smelt of drugs.

i coughed at the unpleasant smell of weed that had been smoking on an ashtray.

"are you seriously going to get high whilst i tutor you?" i asked, rudely.

"um-"

"this is a joke" i said, scoffing and leaving the room following down the narrow corridor to the front door as he followed.

"hey hey hey-" he said, trying to stop me.

"open the door" i said as i gave up trying to unlock it.

"why?"

"listen, i came here to tutor you, not to watch you get high and not listen, you're wasting my time already" i said, facing back to the front door and trying to unlock it.

"i'm sorry-" he said as i finally managed to unlock the door and open it.

"wait wait wait" he said as i left the house and shut it on his face.

i ran off before he could manage to open the door.

(the next week)

the weekend went by pretty slowly, all i did was finish any assignments i have not yet finished.

and now it was monday, another day of tutoring, something i still loved despite SOMEONES behaviour last week.

and the fact that i do all of this for free? how could someone struggle with the smallest amount of respect and try to get high before i could even arrive???

i walked down the school corridor as some people i tutored faced away from their locker and looked at me, smiling.

"lunch break today?" lucia asked as i walked down, smiled and nodded, making her smile too.

i eventually arrived at my locker and unlocked it to find many stacked books on top of eachother, and also something else that i don't recall putting there.

i took the paper out of one of the notebooks it was sticking out off and read it.

y/n
so sorry for my behaviour last week

eddie

i scoffed at the note, immediately recognising dustins handwriting.

i crumpled the piece of paper into a ball and shoved it in my pocket.

after that day, eddie couldn't even write a simple apology so dustin had to write it for him?

what a massive dick.

i closed my locker door violently as it turned some heads and then headed down the corridor to find dustins locker.

surprisingly, he was there, with a little surprise.

a person with long wavy hair.. eddie.

eddie was facing me as dustin had his back to me; they were leaning on the lockers talking.

i took the crumpled up piece of paper out of my pocket and uncrumbled it, revealing a creased sheet of paper with dustins handwriting.

"this handwriting looks a bit too familiar.." i said to eddie as i kept eye contact with him.

he inhaled sharply, looking away, fairly annoyed as i smiled and looked at dustin.

"doesn't it, dustin?" i said as he clearly looked nervous.

"i didn't write that-" he said.

"oh.. who said you did, dUsTy BuN?" i said, mimicking suzies pet name for him.

i was really fucking mad, i needed a cigarette after this for sure.

i looked back at eddie.

"it's so hard to apologise, isn't it eddie? a simple sorry is just, TOo mUcH fOr Me tO dO" i said, mimicking his voice as he now looked at me, pretty annoyed.

i smiled at him, as he looked like he had the urge to punch me.

"hope you absolutely fuck up your exams!" i said loudly as people around me gasped.

i never swore, i was always the "quiet" "smart" person, but once i see bullshit, i lose it, and i lost it when i saw eddies behaviour towards me even after the first experience i had with him.

his eyes widened when i swore at him.

dustin was even more shocked.

although dustin knew me well, i never ever told him about my cigarette addiction or whatever, he still viewed me as an innocent smart person or whatever.

i shoved the paper to dustins chest as he held it, before i took my lighter out and set it on fire, before walking off.

then, panicking emerged behind me as i walked off.

"how do i-" dustin shouted as eddie shouted "DROP IT"

i looked back and saw eddie putting out the fire by aggressively stomping on it until it went out, and when it did, eddie looked back at me, and so did everyone as i just gave him a dirty look.