The Final Chapter

Troye's POV

*a week and a half passes by*

I'm sitting in the Connor's room, packing my stuff to go back to Australia while he helps me.

"I don't want you to go." He says as he puts the last of my things in the suitcase.

"I know, I don't want to leave either." Was all I could say. To be honest these past couple of weeks have been the most stressful yet amazing weeks I have ever had to deal with. In the beginning everything seemed like it was turning to shit, but it turned out to be a blessing.

I love Connor. He was a great friend but he's an even better boyfriend. I definitely do not deserve to have someone like him in my life; from all the terrible things I've done I still can't fathom why he chose to be with me.

It was already 8 pm by the time we were done with everything. We didn't make any plans to go out, because all we wanted to do was to be with each other for one last time before I was off to Australia for who knows how long.

We both stripped into our underwear and got under the sheets, holding each other close. Neither of us could fall asleep for a while, mainly because it was only 8, but although it wasn't much, there's no place I'd rather be.

After talking for a few hours we eventually fell asleep.

—-

Waking up to Connor sleeping next to me was bitter sweet, because I knew that this would be the last time for a while that I'd get to experience this.

It was already 9 am and I had a plane to catch at noon.

"Babe," I said as I shook Connor's shoulder. "Babe. It's 9, we have to start getting ready."

Eventually he woke up, not looking so amused as he rubs his eyes and sits up.

"Good morning!" I say happily.

"Morning" He replies back and gives me a peck on the lips.

The rest of the morning was kind of a blur, we ate breakfast and talked a little bit. However avoiding the subject of me leaving.

Neither of us wanted to break up, so we agreed to give long distance a try. We promised that we would visit each other at least once every 4-6 months.

It seemed like we had everything planned out, but it hurts so much knowing that I'm not going to be waking up to him anymore.

—-

"Please promise me you'll remember to call when you get home?"

"I promise." I say as I grab my suitcase from him.

We're at the gates now, and it's time for me to get on my flight. As I look into his eyes I can start to feel tears filling up in mine. Within that moment Connor's arms were around me and he was hugging me. "I'm going to miss you so much, but we're going to skype each other every day I promise. It'll be like I'm there." He tries to say reassuringly. However I can see he's trying to hold back tears as well, but doing way much better than I am.

He leans forwards and gives me a long, gentle kiss. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Last call for flight VA705 to Sydney, Australia"

We say our goodbyes, and by the time I was sitting down on the plane my face was drenched in tears. Why is distance a thing?

—-

*one year later*

"Hey babe!" Connor says once he answers the skype call. "What time are you planning on leaving?"

I smile when I see his face. It's not the same thing as waking up next to him, but I'll take it... for now.

"I'm leaving in about 30 minutes, but I wanted to give you a quick call before I leave because I missed you."

"Aww babe." He said teasingly. "It's not like you're going to see me later tonight or anything, or like every day for the rest of our lives." He says with a big smile on his face.

"Still. I just wanted to see you, is that a bad thing?"

"Not at all. It would probably be a bad thing if you didn't miss me, since we're moving into a new place together."

"True. I can't believe that just a little over a year ago we got together and now we're getting our own place. I honestly had no idea if we were even going to make it past 6 months with being in a long distance relationship, but here we are."

"I know, it just seems like yesterday that you were jacking me off on Tyler's couch. Ah, the memories." He said and we both laughed.

If you were wondering, after I got the text from Tyler I gave him a call. Within that conversation we settled things and now we're all good friends again. He's completely okay with us being together now, and in fact he has a new boyfriend named Justin and from what I hear they couldn't be happier.

Once our laughter died out I looked at my laptop screen, looking at the man that I loved so much. "I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you, either." He said smiling.

"I have to go and make sure everything is packed, but I'll see you later tonight, okay?"

"Alright, I'll see you soon! I love you."

"I love you too." I said as I smiled and closed my laptop.

A/N: ahh so yeah this is officially the end of this book. im sorry it took so long to update, i just have had terrible writers block and i didnt exactly know how to end it. its short and sweet, though. i might make a sequel with them living together i dont know, but for right now i think this is the end of this road. thank you so much to everyone and thank you for staying this long and reading until the end. for the last time, please vote and comment! <3