The Aftermath

Connor’s POV

It happened. I kissed him.

When he pulled away, he just stared at me with budlging eyes. He had a look of terror mixed with confusion.

Oh god what have I done.

He got out of the bed quickly while covering his mouth, and ran out of the room.

I ran after him, trying to think of any excuse as to why I just kissed him. I’m such an idiot, why did I do that? I just ruined a friendship with two people that were close to me within a matter of seconds.

I saw him in the living room on his phone, which I assume he was trying to get ahold of Tyler.

“Troye I am so so sorry that happened. I’m not sure what came over me. I think it was just because we were cuddling and it was dark and… I don’t know. I’m so sorry, it’ll never happen again. Just please… don’t tell Tyler. The last thing I want is to lose both of you as friends.”

He didn’t say anything for a while, just staring blankly at his phone.

Finally he sighed and said “Can you just take me home..”

Troye’s POV

On the way back to Tyler’s there was really nothing to say. Well, there was lots to say, I just didn’t know how to put what I was thinking into words. I thought Connor was straight? Why me? Connor could get anyone he wanted to and he decided that he wanted to kiss me?

If things were different and I was single, I probably would’ve enjoyed it.

But I wasn’t.

I have a boyfriend and I am committed to him. We’re having a bit of a hard time getting along recently, but every couple has a bit of a rough patch, and we’ll get through whatever is going on with us, eventually..

Connor’s POV

I was trying my hardest to hold back my tears. This could potentially be the most dumbest thing I have ever done. Because of my stupid crush I’m ruining my friendship with people who mean the world to me.

And if Troye tells Tyler, Tyler could tell everyone else what I did and then they might not even want to be my friend anymore.

I guess this will teach me to think with my brain instead of my heart.

When we got to Tyler’s apartment, I probably apologized a million times. As he was getting out I said one more apology as he slammed the door and walked away.

Troye’s POV

I felt a little bad for slamming the door in his face, I just couldn’t listen to another apology. I knew he was sorry and felt bad about what he had done, I was just too caught up in my own thoughts to even listen to what he was saying.

I wasn’t even mad at him to be honest, I was more conflicted about my own feelings.

Does this mean that he has feelings for me?

I’ve always had a tiny crush on Connor, but this whole time he identified himself as straight, so I didn’t even try to have something with him. And now… I have a boyfriend.

And now here I am probably overthinking about what Connor did. Maybe it was just in the moment and he didn’t mean anything by it?

I’m not going to tell Tyler, but I think I need to keep my distance.. at least for a little while.

I walked into the apartment and it seemed like Tyler was sleeping, since all of the lights were turned off.

I walk into the bedroom to find Tyler in bed snuggling with his pillow, and I quietly strip down to my boxers. I then proceeded to climb into bed and spooned him, wrapping my arms around him and holding his hand.

Hopefully I can get some sleep, and think have more of a clear head to think about the events that happened tonight.