Awards & Drama

Troye's POV

I woke up with Connor's arm wrapped around me in a spooning position, instantly remembering the amazing night we had before. Not only is Connor one of my best friends, he is now my boyfriend. It sounded so weird to say that to myself, boyfriend.

Of course, we wouldn't be telling anyone for a while. It doesn't look so great when you get a new boyfriend after not even a week of breaking up with the last one.

Especially now since our friends are already questioning what's going on between the two of us and will more than likely take Tyler's side.

I was happy for a brief second when I thought that I wouldn't have to deal with seeing them for a little while longer before I go home and the questions, before it dawned on me that the TCA's are tonight.

Fuck.

Part of me wants to skip it, I mean there's a 99% chance I wouldn't be winning anything and it would only cause more stress and drama for Connor and I, as well as Tyler.

I couldn't not go, though. So many of my friends are going to be there and some of them are going to be winning awards and I'd be the worst friend in the world if I wasn't there to support and congratulate them.

I grabbed Connor's arm that was draped around me and lightly placed it on his side, while I sat up and wiped the sleep from my eyes. Ew.

I looked back at Connor who was peacefully sleeping, wondering if I should wake him up or not.

"Can you not stare at me while I'm sleeping?" He said with his eyes still closed, giving a tired half-smile.

"I can't help it, you're just so dreamy" I said as I gave myself a high five in my mind for coming up with the world's worst pun.

I pecked him on the lips as he gave me the most 'I'm so done' look from what I just said.

"Well we have to get ready for the TCA's pretty soon. It's already 11 am." I said as I start getting out of bed to make some food.

I hear a quiet 'ugh' as I make my way out of the bedroom and Connor plopping his head back on the pillow.

Connor's POV

We took turns taking showers, me going first since Troye takes the longest.

I start to fix my hair, trying not to overthink about what might happen tonight. Tyler was going to be there and that was a fact, I'm just not sure how what he's going to do or say when Troye and I get there. Most likely he has told people what has been going on and I'm not ashamed, just wished this happened under different circumstances.

Tyler was a good guy, he usually isn't a mean person and he was always a great friend to everyone including myself. However, I crossed a line. I basically stole the guy he loved from him and that isn't acceptable no matter what was going on between them and if they were going to break up anyways. I still had no place to take Troye away and I was a shitty friend for doing what I did.

It's a awful situation because I really like Troye and every time I look at him I don't regret kissing him that night, but at the same time when I look at Tyler I feel like the world's worst friend.

Maybe someday we'll all get along and be friends again, but I'm not counting on it happening anytime soon.

—-

We get to the TCA's and Troye is looking adorable in his suit, it was the same one he wore on our date, probably because he only brought one and it was for this event. Cheating on and breaking up with Tyler, and then going on a date with me wasn't exactly part of the plan when he came to LA. Nevertheless he looked just as gorgeous as he did that night.