Wait, why are you crying?

Troye's POV

My eyes shot open quickly and the room was practically black, besides the light from the moon coming in from the window that was right by the bed. My heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to come out of my chest.

Looking to my right I saw Connor looking over at me with a worried look on his face.

"Troye, are you okay?" He said as he reached over to the lamp on the end table on his side of the bed and turned it on, and then lightly caressing my arm as I tried to calm down. "You look really pale and you're covered in sweat. Are you feeling alright?" He asked as he moved his hand to my forehead and cheeks to feel my temperature and looking even more worried. "Plus you're freezing."

I shook my head and sat up as I started to finally calm down.

"I'm fine, just a bad dream or something."

I seriously can't believe I kissed Tyler. I fucked up so badly I have no idea what I'm going to do. Of course I had to tell Connor, but the moment I did I know he'd be gone. How on earth could I possibly fuck up this many times in a matter of weeks? I can't believe I –

Wait.

How did I get here? The last thing I remember is kissing Tyler outside the apartment building and now I'm here in the middle of the night in Connor's bed. What?

"Are you sure you're alright? I know I have plans to hang out with Ricky and Kian tomorrow but if you're not feeling good I can always reschedule and stay here and take care of you." He said sympathetically as he softly pushes my hair back and out of my face.

"No you don't have to do that – wait, didn't you hang out with them yesterday?" I asked confusingly.

"Ricky and Kian...? No, I was with you, remember? We stayed at home and watched Netflix all day and ate junk food."

I nodded and looked away with my forehead creased as I tried to remember the exact details of hanging out with Tyler... but there weren't any.

Wait, does this mean what I think it means...?

It really was just a nightmare.

That whole thing with Tyler was just a dream and none of it happened.

I quickly then picked up my phone to see if Tyler and I had texted and when I brought up the message screen the last text sent from Tyler was from weeks ago.

Within seconds I could feel all the weight off of my shoulders and I was overcome with joy that I didn't ruin one of the greatest things to happen to me.

"Are you okay...? Wait, why are you crying?" Connor asked as he looked concerned and wiped the tears coming down with his thumb.

I just nodded and began wiping my tears away, tears that I didn't even know where there until he said something about them.

Quickly I placed my hands on both sides of his face and kissed him passionately. He didn't fight it, instead placing his hands on my waist as I continued to kiss him. It wasn't a heated kiss, just an emotional one – at least for me. He most likely had no idea why I was acting this way, but he went with it.

Once the kiss was over I didn't let go of him, instead looking right into his eyes as we held onto each other.

"I love you." I blurted as I continued to look at him.

His eyes got slightly bigger as he took in what I just said, probably not expecting either of us to say that for a while. But of course I would be the one to say something like that so quickly in a relationship, wouldn't I?