Forgiveness

Troye's POV

 *fast forward to a week later*

I was left alone in Connor's place as he was out with some friends. I usually would have tagged along but because we have been spending so much time together recently I'm sure he's wanting a little time apart. Plus I'm already basically a freeloader and I don't want him thinking I'm some sort of needy boyfriend as well.

As I sat in the living room and flipped through channels, and being disappointed that nothing good was on I heard my phone going off.

Tyler: I'm sorry for what happened last week..

Ugh. I am not in the mood to deal with his bullshit right now. Instead of saying anything I just ignored it and chose to watch Paranormal State. Even though I think these things are fascinating I try to avoid them at all costs because I have a huge fear of poltergeists and things of that nature. However this was the only thing on so I guess it will do. Plus it's bright out right now and Connor should be home before dark so he can protect me in case of a demon tries to possess me or something.

About 10 minutes after starting the episode and getting into it I heard my phone going off yet another time.

Tyler: Troye can you please talk to me?

Tyler: Can you please just give me a chance to explain?

Tyler: Troye... please...

After him not giving up I finally gave in.

Me: Seriously Tyler leave me alone before I block you.

Tyler: Troye please I just need to talk to you.

Me: About what? Are you seriously trying to be friends with me after calling me a slut? Go fuck yourself.

Tyler: Please just let me come over and talk to you for a minute. After I say what I need to say you can kick me out and don't have to talk to me ever again I promise.

I didn't reply for a minute, debating on if I should. Part of me wants to give him a chance but the other part of me knows how manipulative he can be.

Me: Ugh. Fine. Connor isn't home and I don't want you here when he comes back.

He was here just a few short minutes later, making me wonder if he was just down the road and planning on dropping by anyway, or just waiting for me to agree to let him come over.

He lightly knocked on the door and I immediately went over, nervous to see him for the first time since Connor punched him and leaving quickly.

"Hi," He said nervously, giving a half smirk as he stared up at me.

"Hi." I said sounding a bit annoyed. To be honest  I was. The last thing I wanted to do was to talk to him right now. Well, like any time for the rest of my life. After spending time away from him and more time with Connor I realized that I deserved more than how Tyler treated me. And here I am, back to square one and staring down at the first guy I ever loved, and who I felt loved me.

I stepped back and let him inside, and he went straight to the couch and sat down. "Come sit with me?" He asked.

After shutting the door I sighed to myself and walked over to him, sitting as far away from him as possible without it being too weird.

We both didn't say anything for a while, mainly because I was waiting for him to say what he so badly wanted to do and wouldn't shut up and leave me alone about.

"Why are you here?" I snapped with a little bit of an attitude after a few more minutes passing by and him not saying a word, and not even looking at me.

"Troye, I..."

I looked over at him when he stopped and didn't continue, seeing tears forming in his eyes.

"I love you and miss you so much... you have no idea how much it kills me to know that you and Connor are together, and seeing you guys happy together eats me away inside. I realized how happy you were with him, and it breaks my heart because I know you weren't that happy with me. I know that most of our relationship problems were my fault, and I'm so sorry that I made you go through hell by being with me. If I could change the way that I treated you I would in a heartbeat. I took you for granted and now I've lost you, I guess they aren't lying when they say you don't know what you've got until it's gone." He ranted as he looked down at his hands, the tears now streaming down his face. "I'm so sorry."

I didn't know what to say. I've heard his apologies numerous times and they all sounded the same, but this time something was different. He seemed... genuine?

"I don't know, Tyler... You told the whole world that I got around. You humiliated me, Ty." I said a little too unsure about myself.

"I know, and I'm really really sorry. I was so upset when I saw you two together and then when you mentioned his name on stage... I don't know, it just really got to me and I wasn't thinking straight after that. I deserved that punch in the face, and it wasn't until after that happened that I realized what I was doing was wrong."

I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. We both just sat there in total silence when Tyler started to scoot towards me little by little.

He grabbed a hold of my hand and went I looked over at him he was looking at me straight in the eye with a very serious expression on his face. "I'm sorry, Troye. For everything."

I still didn't know what to say, just staring into his big blue eyes until I could muster up something to say. It didn't take too long after seeing the genuine pure look in the face that showed that he wasn't up to something to think of what to say.

"I forgive you." I stated, squeezing his hand reassuringly.

He looked down at our hands and let out an appreciative hum. "Do you want to get some coffee?"

—-

We got back from the local starbucks and chilled there for an hour or two, talking about things as if we haven't seen each other in so long.

He drove me back to Connor's place and got out and walked me to the entrance to say goodbye.

"I'm really glad we're talking again." Tyler said as he reached the top of the steps at the door.

"Me too." I smiled as I took out Connor's extra set of keys that he gave me while I was staying here.

He opened his arms for a hug and I did the same. Our embrace lasted much longer than I intended but in the moment it felt nice. For a moment things seemed like they were going to be fine. I didn't feel scared for the future anymore. Perhaps this is the first day of many where I'll be happy and drama free.

We both started backing away slowly but only by a few inches to look at each other. Before I knew it my eyes were closed and our lips were interlocked with each others in a soft kiss.

My eyes shot open while in the middle of it and pulled away quickly.

Oh god.. what have I done?!