00 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰 & 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵.

❝ 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬
'𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭
𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 ❞

TYING THE KNOTS

macedonia castillo had always kinda dreaded cousins beach

it was where her father had written his first successful book, now five years ago, so it had became a yearly trip.

back in 2017, her father, cleveland castillo had spent three months here, writing his book inspired by the crashing waves and dramatic teenagers of cousins beach. waves that she was afraid of, and teenagers she was never like.

cousins beach was her nightmare.

she stayed away from drama, always had. from losing just one friend in second grade due to the epidemic of girl gossip, she swore to never participate in any of it again. mostly, that meant having no friends.

which, she was always ok with.

she had watched the drama from afar. she couldnt prove it, but just watching the kids of the fishers & conklins the past few years, she knew there were crushes, and the drama that came with them, brewing within them.

from watching them surf, from a far distance from the deep waters, to walking down the boardwalk from a hidden place in her fathers boat, she always felt the adolescent tension that came from the friend group.

like it was said, macee had always watched drama from afar.

that was, until conrad fisher started showing up on her fathers boat, which she claimed to be her one and only 'safe' space. he had signed up to help her father write his new book, about sailing, and couldn't help explore his interest in his sarcastic, but closed off, one and only daughter.

that girl was about to learn that the boy had just as many issues. and wasn't a perfectly happy, washboard ab-ed, immature adolescent she had always viewed him as. his strong waves turned into breakers, just as hers did.

would they ever let each other see their similarities?

would he be able to crack her?

or would her fear of the mysterious ocean transfer over to the deep blue waves in conrad's eyes?

and would the sudden beauty of one girl ruin any chance they had?

it would only take one summer to tell.

cast.