11 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴.

11 firework confessions

☼ ☼ ☼

i awoke to a dip in the bed, and opened my eyes to stare into conrad's. he was smiling.

"morning babe." he mumbled, still half asleep.

we had gotten back late last night, and instead of showering, we swam. my father always told me chlorine was technically a cleaning agent, so i went to bed with my fingers wrinkly and my hair still damp. and i smiled as i fell asleep.

i bursted into giggles after conrad's words, and he sent me a puzzling look, "sorry, ive just never been called that before." i confessed, "babe."

he gleamed, with a little hint of red in his cheeks, and kissed both of my cheeks and my nose.

other than our incident with the brats from down the beach the other night, i was having so much fun here at the fishers. the three days my dad has permitted me to stay here were already up, but we had convinced him to let me stay longer. everyone here was so nice and welcoming to me, even belly and i had started to get much closer.

"so," i said, trying my best to imitate taylor's dramatic voice while in the pool one afternoon, "are you going to let jeremiah take you to the ball?" i smirked when a blush illuminated her face.

"i think so!" she whispered excitedly, and i clapped lightly. both the boys were wrestling in the water on the other side of the pool, seeing who could drown the other first, it looked like.

"you two are cute," i nodded, "you're gonna be the belle of the ball, for sure."

"i hope so!" she smiled wide, "but you got the better brother when it comes to dancing. conrad knows all the dances," we both looked over to the boys, to only see conrad, his palm was holding jere's head under, "jeremiah usually doesn't like this kind of thing."

"well, the way that boy looks at you," i looked over at him, laughing, "it seems like he'd just about do anything for you."

belly and i shared a glance, but then she was splashing my face. i laughed out loud, splashing her back.

"girls, girls," conrad grabbed both of our arms, yelling over the noise, "don't fight over us, please."

we both scoffed at the same time, and laughed hysterically at ourselves.

this, this was paradise.

"jeremiah," conrad called for his brother after dinner, "do you want to shoot those fireworks you never got the chance to on the fourth?"

apparently, on the fourth (the night conrad showed up on my dock and our kiss got interrupted by a firework from the sand) family drama had gone down at the fishers. belly still drunk from her margaritas, and one broken pie dish later, the night had been canceled, and the teens were sent to bed.