10 naked & afraid.

10 naked and afraid

☼ ☼ ☼

"all unpacked?" conrad poked his head through my door, pushing it open just enough to fit his head.

i closed the dresser drawer, "yep!" i chirped, and he smiled wide, pushing the door the rest of the way open.

"great." his eyebrows rose in a smirk, "i have something for you."

"what is it?" i smiled back.

he brought a team belly shirt out from behind his back, and i laughed at the bright green sleeves.

"now thats a fashion statement."

the family got all packed and ready for the volleyball tournament, and conrad reintroduced me to most of the fam.

"i'm afraid my boy just won't shut up about you, my dear." susannah, conrad's mum, winked at me, causing me to blush, "i'm glad to finally see why."

"belly, you remember macedonia?" conrad fanned his arm over to me, smoothly draping it around my shoulders.

"i do." her eyes only seemed to hesitate toward me for a second, causing my heart to drop. but then the signature belly smile came through, and she said, "i'm happy you're here! thanks for coming!"

i sighed a breath of relief, "of course belly. thanks for letting me."

Play It Forward was a competition susannah had set up every year. teams would sign up to play volleyball and raise money for an awareness of the winner's choice. steven, bellys brother, and his girlfriend were a team. belly and taylor were a team, and countless others. conrad and i picked a front row bleacher, and he shared some fries with me as we watched.

belly and taylor were naturals. they were up first, and they were beating every opponent.

until taylor fell. the whole crowd gasped as she grabbed her ankle.

"are you okay?" belly ran over, helping her stand.

"yeah, i rolled my ankle," she grimaced, turning to the side lines, "can you sub for me, please?" it was directed at jere.

thats when i knew it was an act. i smiled, none the less.

"classic." i muttered to the girl as she found a seat next to me.

"you saw nothing." she sent me a wink, and we fist bumped.

"what?" conrad asked, realizing he mustve missed something.

i snorted, and taylor laughed loudly.

"oblivious boy of mine." i patted his shoulder, and taylor just laughed harder.

"at least i like the end of that sentence." he pecked my cheek, and i blushed. taylor stuck her bottom lip out momentarily.

jeremiah was quick, his height really helping matters. belly taught him the team belly handshake, and they really looked like they were having fun. taylor definitely was, too, as she took countless photos of the pair... and jeremiah's abs.