09 𝘵𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘴.

09 tie the knots

☼ ☼ ☼

conrad and i had told my dad about the rot on the boat, together.

what was unfortunate was, for repairs, the boat had to be taken away. my home. my bedroom. conrad, now that his sailing lesson was canceled, helped me pack up my room and bring it to the lake house my dad rented for the summer.

more unfortunately, my dad hadnt really gotten a house that had room for me. sure, i spent some hours in the day with my father there, and there was a pull out couch if i wanted to spend the night or something, but... for the next two months?

it was going to be a bit cramped.

"ya know, sir," conrad coughed awkwardly, rubbing his fingers over his lips, "if its not issue to you, macee could spend time at our place." he gulped as my father made eye contact with him, and i giggled at his nervous nature.

"and why would i find that an issue?" my dad raised a brow, and i looked toward conrad. my dad was testing him, but i wasnt sure if conrad was going to take the hint.

"because, well," conrad stuttered, bouncing his eyes between me and my father, squirming a bit on his feet, "i, we could-" he caught my fathers smirk, and flushed, "youre testing me." he found out, "dang it!" conrad panicked, like he had already messed up and he hadnt even said anything yet.

i tensed, as much as i wanted to laugh at this humorous scene before me, now i didnt know how my father was going to react.

he just bursted out laughing.

he put a firm hand on conrads shoulder, which mustve startled him, because he stumbled a step or two. shock spoiled his face.

"yes i was." my father nodded, "and, in your own strange way, you passed." he smiled over at me, "only for a few nights, and we'll reaccess after, that would be fine."

i smiled excitedly at conrad, and he did as well. i squealed like a little girl that just learned she was going to disney, but i didnt care. conrad walked over to me, wrapping one arm all the way around my small torso, picking me up slightly.

"you kids are cute." my father chuckled, i smiled as a thank you over conrads shoulder. he winked at me.

"i guess its a good thing im already packed."

we all discussed the plan. i would spend tonight here, it was already past dinner time now and i wanted to spend one night with dad this summer. i would go to my internship tomorrow, and conrad would pick me up after and id move in for the rest of the week.

i couldnt help the bubble of excitement that grew within me. i would be spending non-stop time with conrad, and his family. jeremiah, which id grown to like very much. his mother, who seemed sweet as pie.