Part 5

Joe's lips crashed against Eve's, the feeling indescribable after so many months apart. His hands didn't know where to go first as they roamed over her plump ass before traveling up her back. Eve's arms linked around Joe's neck as she traced the shell of his ear, whispering in it as she pressed her hips into his. "I've missed you so much Joe," she murmured, her hands moving down to pull his sweatpants off.

"I missed you more. I love you baby," Joe hissed as Eve crawled down his long frame. "I love you Joe," Eve grinned as she took his rock hard member in her mouth, drawing a low moan from Joe. Lapping at his dick like she was starved, Joe was lost in the sheer bliss of their reunion before he felt something pulling him from the moment.

"Burrow! Wake up bro. We gotta get dressed and head out," Justin shook Joe's shoulder hard as he shot up from his dream. "Sorry, I was knocked out," Joe mumbled as his heart raced. "Yeah, we know. You were talking in your sleep all night," Sam glared as he buttoned his shirt. Joe hopped in the shower and within 30 minutes, the guys were off to meet the rest of the groomsmen for drinks and photos with Nate.

"Alright, what's the plan for today?" Justin asked Joe as they posed for pictures. "Huh? What plan?" Joe's eyebrows furrowed as the photographer rearranged the order of the men. "The 'Operation-Get-Eve-Back' plan. Why are you so dense?" Sam responded, smiling for the camera. "Guys, there's no plan. I don't want to scare her off. It's best to wait it out a bit," Joe said as all 6 groomsmen groaned. "Waiting is what got you into this godforsaken position," Nate's friend Tommy retorted and Joe glared. "He's right. You have to at least set the screen tonight. Don't let her go back to the city without planting the seed," Justin mused. Joe grumbled but in his heart, he knew they were right. He had to say something today.

As Joe and the guys worked out a "plan", Eve and the bridesmaids were waiting in Delaney's suite for her big reveal. "I say you just throw caution to the wind and fuck him tonight," Courtney mused, causing the room to erupt in laughter. "Yeah no. Sex is only going to complicate the already murky water," Eve scoffed. She hadn't confessed to anyone the finding's of her Wishing Tree detour last night, but it proved to her that she wasn't crazy and that she spark was still there.

"Well, you gotta say something-or do something- to let him know that you've left the door open," Christine offered. Eve groaned as she closed her eyes, already feeling anxious about the last day the group would be together. She wanted to be focused solely on her friend's big day but she couldn't stop herself from thinking about Joe. As Delaney walked out to the cheers of her friends, Eve couldn't help but be a little wistful at the thought of what could have been for her. Shaking her head, Eve repeated one of her centering mantras her therapist had given her and pushed thoughts of Joe away for the moment.

Soon the wedding coordinator knocked on the door and grabbed the group for photos. The women all posed and smiled for the camera, joy filling the air. After one more champagne toast and a few more tears, the bridesmaids left Delaney to go line up for the ceremony. Eve tried to calm her butterflies down as they walked to the chapel. She and Joe had probably been in a dozen weddings over the course of their relationship, but for some reason, she was nervous about walking down the aisle with him.

Joe fiddled with his watchband as he saw the bridesmaids approach the chapel, his heart still racing from his dream earlier. Scanning the group of women, his stomach did a flip when he finally spotted Eve. Clad in a light blue bridesmaid's dress, the mermaid-cut of the gown accentuated every curve on her body and Joe bit his lip out of habit. Had this been a year ago when they were still together, Joe would pull Eve into his arms and run his hands over her body while describing everything he wanted to do to her later.

Unfortunately, that era was long gone, and Joe had to settle for a friendly hug. "Hey you!" Eve said cheerily, wrapping her arms around Joe. "How's it going?" Joe asked, his brain short circuiting as he took in the neckline of her dress. "Good. Ready to get these kids married?" Eve joked as she took Joe's arm. They shared old jokes as they waited for their turn to walk down the aisle, the familiarity of the moment sweeping over them.