Part 41

PSA: This is the last fluffy one for a while-you've been warned!

Eve felt like she had only just fallen into a deep sleep when Joe shook her awake excitedly. "Joe, you said I could sleep in," Eve grumbled, rubbing her eyes. "You can, but look at the sunrise! It's so orange and...striped," Joe announced. Raising the blackout curtains, the panoramic suite windows were illuminated by the sight of the sweeping Vegas sunrise; various hues of tangerine streaked with grey clouds that did indeed make it look like it was tiger striped.

"It's beautiful," Eve sighed, "but why are you awake? You shouldn't have zoomies this early in the day." Laughing, Joe plopped back down onto the bed and kissed Eve's forehead. "I got up to use the bathroom and made the mistake of checking all my messages. Then I couldn't fall back asleep. I think I'll go downstairs and get a workout in before it gets busy."

"Absolutely not. You're not working out or doing anything strenuous until we get back to Ohio and your knee is thoroughly looked at. I'm serious. You're going to rest," Eve said sternly. Smirking, Joe pulled Eve into his chest and buried his head in her hair, inhaling the scent of her shampoo. "Better stop bossing me around if you're trying to go back to sleep. You know how that gets me going."

Pulling back so she was looking at him, Eve tangled her fingers in Joe's hair and leaned in for a kiss, snaking her tongue past his bottom lip. "That's actually a good idea. Let me tire you out a bit so we can sleep for a few more hours," she suggested. Rolling them over so Joe was above her, Eve moaned as she felt his hands bypass the hem of her nightgown and pull her panties down, the pads of his fingers leaving little sparks against her skin. Her eyes stayed closed while he left small, wet kisses along her sternum, and she was about to protest when he suddenly stopped until she felt him dive beneath the sheets in search of her core.

A few hours after their sunrise romp, Eve groggily sat up in bed and frowned when she saw that Joe wasn't next to her. She was about to call out to him when she heard familiar voices shouting from the living room of their suite. Rolling her eyes, she tossed on her robe and made her way out to the couches where she found an animated Joe and Andrea playing a video game.

"Watch this 180 kid," Andrea bragged, expertly flipping her Joy-con. "I'm old enough to remember when you wouldn't even let me turn on the TV before school and now you're playing Mario Cart at 9AM?" Eve plopped down on the sofa and put her feet up on the coffee table while she watched her mother and boyfriend battle it out.

"This isn't Mario Cart grandma, it's Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games," Joe corrected, "and your mom is a natural at the skateboarding event. We called down to the kitchen and got you coffee and breakfast; you can eat while watching us battle for the gold medal."

Grabbing a plate of fruit, Eve snuck a few videos of their excited banter, the years of familiarity between Joe and Andrea evident in their easygoing nature. Eve considered herself lucky that from the first time they met during a parent's weekend at Ohio State, Andrea had loved Joe and the feeling was mutual; Joe often turning to Andrea for advice when he didn't want to go to his parents. When Eve and Joe broke up, it was hard on Andrea not only because it broke her heart to see her daughter devastated, but because it felt like she lost a son in the process.

The pair played for another hour before it was time to pack up and head to the airport for their return to Cincinnati. The Brown family was kind enough to let the starters and their immediate families use their personal fleet to fly home, so the mood in the private terminal was jovial; orange and black balloons decorating the space and stewardesses passing around champagne.

"Did you tell Joe about You-Know-Who being at the game?" Andrea asked. "I did. He said he didn't get her a ticket," Eve replied, motioning towards Joe. "Hell no, I didn't get her a ticket, and when I texted Emily about it, she said she didn't have a ticket request with her name on it. The nut must have bought one on the resale market," Joe glared. Eve was about to ask a follow up question when a stewardess walked up to let them know they were free to board, pushing the thought of Lana out of her head temporarily.