a favor (continued) ❦

"what—"

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN HERE?!"

the janitor angrily rushed you and chris out the closet, leaving you unsure on what to do next.

"i'm just.. gonna go to class." you tell chris.

"can we talk later?"

"i don't know chris. maybe?"

"you'll be near the bleachers with matt and nick, right?"

you shrug, and walk to your last period.

-

[after school ༄]

"chris was acting so weird today, y/n," matt laughed.

"really? how?"

"when you retook the history test at lunch, chris was freaking out about you. like full on asking me if you were seeing—" nick interrupted.

"Y/N!"

all three of you look at the bottom of the bleachers and see chris calling out for you.

"i cant wait to see this," matt snickered.

"before i go talk to chris, can you finish what you were telling me, nick?"

"oh! he kept asking if you were like talking to someone or something."

"he really asked you that?"

"—and he asked us if we could ask you to hang out with us tomorrow."

"oh, he couldn't just ask me that himself?" you said annoyed.

".. im sensing some sort of tension here, y/n, so we're gonna let you go down and talk to him now."

"yeah. i'll go do that."

"good luck!" shouted matt.

you walked down to the field where chris was, and braced yourself for whatever he planned to tell you.

"y/n, about earlier,"

"chris, wait, can i say something?"

"yeah- yeah. you go first."

"so it was my fault you and your girlfriend broke up?"

"well- not really? i mean, she suspected something was going on, so i broke it off."

"she suspected something was going on?! what the hell chris! why didn't you tell her we weren't anything?"

"because i wanted to be something with you, y/n! not her. i guess i kinda realized it once she said something."

"that's why you've been acting so weird towards me?"

"COME OVER HERE GUYS!" matt and nick yelled.

"OKAY," chris yelled back.

"i dont really know what to tell you chris."

"um, what if we hangout or something? like later?"

"with nick and matt?"

"no.. like, just us.."

"oh?"

"like.. a date. i promise it'll be really fun. and if things don't work out, nothing will have to change between us."

you stood there, conflicted.

one side of you kinda liked the idea of being with chris, but the other felt like being friends was already enough.

"i don't want things to go down like how they did back in middle school." you sighed.

"well they won't. and it's not like matt or nick have to know!"

you and chris looked up at them on the bleachers as they watched you guys talk.

"you know what, fine. just one date. that's it."

"later tonight, then?"

you nodded.

"okay. great. we can walk to the arcade down the block?"

"sure."

"cant wait."

——

20k ALREADY??/!/:& 🧍🏻‍♀️ YALL R GONNA MAKE ME CRY