football game ❦

you held up both jackets, and looked at yourself in the mirror.

the denim one?

no. it was too cold for that.

maybe the gray hoodie you stole from chris.

you put it on, and grabbed the house keys.

-

chris was keeping you warm, hugging you as you guys watched the game.

"is it just me or am i.. bored?" nick makes a weird face.

"everybody's bored. this game sucks." matt scoffs.

you stared at the giant scoreboard, and rolled your eyes. your school hadn't scored any points.

chris went to football games with his friends, but it wasn't often. you wondered why he asked you to come this time anyway, since he knew football games weren't your kind of thing.

3 - 14 was the score so far.

your school was the one with 3.

"i don't understand why they can't just run faster with the ball or something," you yawn. "like, how are you only scoring 3 points?"

"the other team is really good, cut them some slack." chris laughs.

"if i was on that field, i would score immediately." you say confidently.

"you'd probably score it the wrong way." nick giggles.

"yeah," says matt. "you'd probably get tackled on the way too."

"fuck off you guys." you laugh.

the game ends, with your school having 3 points and the other school having 16.

"what a shitty game." says nick, beginning to stand up.

"nick- what are you doing?" chris says quickly.

"um, going to the CAR?"

matt pulls nick back down, and gives him a weird stare.

"OH! oh. yeah.. we should probably wait for other cars to go first."

all the football players, including the opposite team, rushed into the center of the field holding big poster boards with letters on them.

"i'll be back in a second," chris gets up. "i wont take long or anything."

"but where are you going?!" you shout.

"somewhere."

nick and matt kept their eyes on you, although you were super confused as to what was going on.

"y/n, do you have a homecoming date yet?" nick asks you.

"no.." you dramatically sigh. "i've been meaning to ask this one dude. i think you guys know him?"

"really? what's his name?" asks matt.

"chris? i think it's chris."

"chris?! chris sturniolo?! he's in my algebra class. so annoying." nick rolls his eyes.

"his names chris? i don't think i know a chris." matt twists his mouth to the side.

"y/n!"

"y/n!"

"y/n!"

"y/n!"

you look down at the field, watching the cheerleaders chant your name and swing their pom poms around.

"Y/N, L/N!" chris screams into a megaphone. "CAN YOU COME DOWN TO THE FIELD PLEASE?"

"what the fuck?" you say under your breath.

"what are you waiting for?!" nick shouts at you.

"go!" matt laughs.

you turn red from embarrassment, but make your way down anyway.

"Y/N! Y/N! YYYY/NNNN!" the cheerleaders chant at you again.

all the football players held up the poster boards the right way, reading:

"hoco with me? :) -chris"

"Y/N," chris said into the megaphone. "WILL YOU GO TO HOMECOMING WITH ME?"

you looked up at the bleachers, watching everyone on the edge of their seats, waiting for you to say yes.

you take the megaphone from chris.

"SHOULD I GO TO HOMECOMING WITH HIM?" you ask the people on the bleachers.

"YES!"

"GO WITH HIM!"

"YEAH!"

you glanced over at your boyfriend.

"YES, ILL GO TO HOMECOMING WITH YOU CHRIS."

"YEAH?" chris opens his arms up for you.

"YEAH."

everyone clapped and cheered, including the entire football team.

it was uncomfortable, but you weren't mad about it. after all, chris had raised your standards completely since you met him.

he scooped you up, basically carrying you, and smiled.

"you had to do this in front of the whole school?" you laugh.

"yeah, why wouldn't i wanna show you off?"

—-

the fact that i haven't gotten asked to go to hoco w someone is unbelievable guys omg... 🙏💔